Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The Pirate Bay Rises Once Again

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The Pirate Bay Rises Once Again

Postby sunnyd » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 am

Much to the delight of millions of users, The Pirate Bay has risen once more and is back online one day ahead of its anticipated return.

Following the raid of TPB by Swedish Police on December 9th, which was brought on by Rights Alliance, an anti-piracy group, the future of the site remained unknown. That is until several hints of a return seemed imminent as of recent.

We know that there has been turmoil between former staff members who either left TPB, or were asked to leave as in "no longer needed," and it’s been rough waters behind the scenes which have cast doubt for users about how the site will be moderated and maintained on a regular basis. Time will tell how that all works out, and if the fakes continue to be removed, if the site remains malware free, and if there is an overall satisfaction from users once again.

As of the time this story was published, most of the site is fully functional, other than the RSS, the Contact Us, and the register links, which are not currently listed. It also appears that loss to the database was not as substantial as many feared.

Also noticeable is that the Suprbay forum is no longer listed on the page links, and there is uncertainty as to who will bring that back. We are unsure if those running the site now will eventually put that back into operation, or those who are believed to be doing their own spinoff of TPB which consists of former staff members who are no longer with the site now.

So, history repeats itself once again, and the world’s favorite torrent site is back online following several weeks of down time. While there are still many "unknowns," what happens in the days and weeks ahead will provide additional answers to many questions.

For now, the ship appears to be docked and the site is displaying the Phoenix logo, a sign of rising once again.

Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: The Pirate Bay Rises Once Again

Postby tehdoomsayer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:07 pm

i don't really torrent anymore, but i'm happy it's back. all seems right in the world again
tehdoomsayer

Postby Dazzle_2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:55 am

The site is using the cloudflare platform atm and from the UK thats creating a small issue with using it again.

The normal site URL is blocked in the UK and so users have to access the site via proxies and tunnels to reach it, previously it was possible to use direct IP addressing and bypass the nonsense but with cloudflare in the mix its not been possible to find the real IP and more annoyingly when you wish to get a magnet its not playing nicely due to the proxy and cloudflare combination, I hope this is resolved for us poor UK folks :wink:
Dazzle_2

Postby ejonesss » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 pm

i think you can copy the magnet link and paste it into the client

also i noticed some magnet links get munged by the url escape codes witch are percent sign with 2 or 3 digit codes and look like "%20" so you may have to edit the urls first.

update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/com ... le_hosted/

this talks about cloudflare
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby HouseCrowd » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:41 am

Dazzle_2 wrote:The site is using the cloudflare platform atm and from the UK thats creating a small issue with using it again.

The normal site URL is blocked in the UK and so users have to access the site via proxies and tunnels to reach it, previously it was possible to use direct IP addressing and bypass the nonsense but with cloudflare in the mix its not been possible to find the real IP and more annoyingly when you wish to get a magnet its not playing nicely due to the proxy and cloudflare combination, I hope this is resolved for us poor UK folks :wink:

I just use a VPN connection. Quick and easy; saves all the hassle. :)
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby tower » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Great news, I love the top 100 as you can quickly locate the major TV series that everyone is grabbing without even searching. Same goes for just about every category. If only other Web sites (KAT and Demonoid) were as well laid out for the casual browser. When you seed a torrent on TPB you also see faster download speeds from the Peers, who obviously know there way around Bit Torrent, again this is just not true for the other sites where all I see is downloading at close to dial up speeds as many users have no clue what they are doing and overload there bit torrent client running dozens of downloads at the same time sigh.. TPB also brings more peers to any torrent you seed than any other. Great News. Rigmar Radio
Kind regards, Tom
tower

Postby SaltyflippingPenguin » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Why use the piratebay for illegal content when it's constantly monitored by the feds?
I'm surprise the peer to mail idea didnt beat torrenting over file sharing.
SaltyflippingPenguin

Return to Slyck News