Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Sharman Exterminating Kazaa Lite K++

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Solomon » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:10 pm

If Sharman are looking for mirror sites to take down, they have a nice list included in this thread. :)
Solomon

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:34 pm

noomous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:come on...both Gnutella and G2 suck...they lack users and files...also useless compared to other networks

You are clueless to what you are talking about.

Look...Ares, Gnutella, and G2 all suck...they all may have the potential of becoming great in size...however they really suck in reality...and I don't think Kazaa Lite users are going to migrate to either Shareaza or Ares...but instead more at eDonkey, Overnet, and even WinMX...

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:44 pm

and may i add..."and even the pitiful WinMX"

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:22 pm

blah blah blah blah blah.......

its all such a load its not funny.

Just let it go. They dont even deserve the hype of us talking about kazaa anymore.

And at any rate. there will always be a k-lite network out there. Theres ALOT of people using it. More than you'd ever imagine.

Cutting them off only lowers the content that kazaa has. And that will drive more people to other networks.

In the end the only people who WILL be on kazaa will be the riaa flunkies sharing out all the fake garbage. :lol:

They really are hypocrites too. If they can make money selling access to a bunch of files owned by other people.. Why the hell cant people provide access to the klite files for free? Hmmmmmm???

Cant have it both ways. Either people have to be responsible or they dont. You cant pick and choose when its convient and making you cash.

And just for fun. Kazaa lite is also available thru bit torrent now. :)

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:56 pm

I am sure that someone will make a update for K++. They have shutdown some mirrors big deal. How does this affect K++?
P.S Can you change the kazza.exe which the loader uses?

Postby p2p beginner » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:18 pm

I have been trying p2p programs for a week only and since I am not a computer wizard I need programs that work right after installation without too much fiddling around with the settings.

I have tried several programs already and from my point of view Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 was doing a good job at making itself extinct before the Sharman attack. Two downloads (one 145MB and one 690MB) magically dissapeared from my harddrive after they had been downloaded and with two half completed files I have downloaded about 2GB in vain. :cry:

That said, I actually like the look and feel of the program (not to mention the speed), so I was hoping for an updated version which would allow me to disable the "Delete large files after download" feature. It seems that the chance of this happening now is just as likely to happen as Sharman deciding to abandon all the malware they load into their program. :wink:

I also tried out iMesh Light v4.2.3a and Gnucleus (both v1.8.6. and v2.0.0.4.) but they were not able to connect to anything (despite trying several setting combinations and reinstalling them several times). I guess they will suffer the fate of Linux: Loved by computer wizards but completely useless to the average user like myself :roll:

I have now settled with eMule Plus though the top speed is not too impressive and that it takes a loooooong time to pick up speed given that I am not connected 24/7. But at least it lets me keep my downloads after completion!
p2p beginner

Re: Oh my

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:55 pm

LiteK wrote:After all, the hacking only consists of removing the spyware.

Thats not true. If you open up (used to be kazaa.exe but think is now a dll file) with reshack and look at the bitmaps you will see references to Kazaa Plus which among other things lets you search more than once and maybe as many searches as you want per file. And I don't know what the "other things" are. So getting rid of spyware is not the only task for a cracker if it even is one at all since there are other was of blocking ads.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:57 pm

I only have one machine, and the fasttrack client I'm using at the moment is K-Lite. Is there a way I can put that and the "official" kazaa on the same comp so I can compare the two at different times of the day over the course of the next month or so to see actually empirical evidence as to what effect this has?

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:19 pm

Someone should make a Kazaa++Lite Server ehhhehhe

Postby bantam » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:I only have one machine, and the fasttrack client I'm using at the moment is K-Lite. Is there a way I can put that and the "official" kazaa on the same comp so I can compare the two at different times of the day over the course of the next month or so to see actually empirical evidence as to what effect this has?

Don't worry,

In a few days the 'effect' will leave no doubt.
bantam

Postby _-juCo-_ » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:10 pm

K++ still working fine as of now......
use the links provided to download it.
The techtv link to K++ is still active.
klitekpp is the zip file and klitekpp210b3e is the file name

Unless Sharman can pull the plug completly on K++ the network will survive for a while
_-juCo-_

Postby hAckMan » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:14 pm

Fret not little children as the latest version in being ripped of all that pop up shiet as we speak. Same network and client but without the pops and adds. They won't even know who has the clean version so they won't ever shut it down.

Sharman will soon learn the more they push the more we pull. Expect more improvments then even K++ offered. >> so i'm told/
hAckMan

Postby Johnny Stecchino » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:25 pm

Gents,

Do this: use Klite++. Do not freak or panic - that's exactly what Sharman want you to do. Piss on'em by continuing as usual. It's a really big world out there and no one can shut down a great thing when it comes along.

Here's what I'm going to: I'll donate bucks to the guys who made K++. It's the best p2p software I've ever used and I'm willing to support with $. No f__king way would I pay for KaZaA with the shit and restrictions it comes with.

Here's what I hope happens: the site moves to China, or Russia, or some other place, gets buried behind a ton of servers, and continues on like nothing happened. And makes it impossible for the shits at KaZaA, or their legal henchmen to get at you - like in a country that doesn't just doesn't give a crap about stuff like this.

One thing: you guys who developed K++, don't call it that. Call it the KaZaAlternative. Make it slicker and better - you have the better product by far. I will continue to support with $. Just let me know how.

Johnny.
Johnny Stecchino

Sharman

Postby romanticguy1950 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:56 pm

I promise this much formy part If Kazaa Lite K++ is kicked off the Fast Track network. The Bastatrds at Sharman also shut the program down They can shovw their program KMB where the sun don't shine. As well as go to hell. I will NEVER use KMD with all teir shit ware and adware in it . The only other program I use is Imesh-Light Kazaa KMD sucks.
romanticguy1950

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:24 pm

Why not use clean iMesh, that runs on Fasttrack network too.

Postby justmeandmythermos » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:48 pm

for those fond of the fasttrack network...theres plenty of places to find klite ++ but to those of us who are smart and have the ability to develop or hack kazaa lite why dont we just rename the bastard to something else to avoid "copyright" bull$h1t. name it like spartacus or some $h1t. i do think that it is ironic...and sad that sharman networks had it discontinued. bastards. they dont realize that Klite ++ is a big part of there user base. I dont know anyone who uses the regular version anymore. sucks for them. there the ones being dumba$$' but anyway...use shareaza, its way better... http://www.shareaza.com its more user friendly and has a way better GUI and network or should i say networks.... http://www.sharereactor.com for all those edonkey users...peace...tis another sad sad day in P2P history...but i predict that KLite ++ will soon again arise....
justmeandmythermos

Old versions download site

Postby Supreme » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:57 pm

Hey guys

I found this download site that has older versions of file sharing programs along with older versions of other types of programs like multimedia and communications software.

http://www.oldversion.com

ps - My kazaa lite k++ is working fine, anyone having problems yet?
Supreme

K++ for all!

Postby Who Cares » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:09 am

Dahlquist wrote:Is Sharman Networks taking a page from the RIAA playbook????

Copyright infringement INDEED!!!!

I will personally be sharing klitekpp210b2e.exe for all who ply the fasttrack network (when I run it, that is).

Do we really want the Internet to become just another conduit for mass media? Or do we want to keep the Internet the first and only TRUELY democratic information dissemination medium.

Yeah! What he said. Come and get it
Who Cares

Re: Old versions download site

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:32 am

Supreme wrote:Hey guys

I found this download site that has older versions of file sharing programs along with older versions of other types of programs like multimedia and communications software.

http://www.oldversion.com

ps - My kazaa lite k++ is working fine, anyone having problems yet?

No problem yet

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:38 am

how long before dietk is DMCA'd or k++ comes out with a 2.5

sharman gets no respect , what a bunch of lossers it only makes us know what we have to support decentralized opensource systems

good for us and its a wake up call hopefully for people to just make kazaa into abandonware

Postby TheDragonKnight » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:13 am

we so their shutting down access to k++ users to the super nodes with a patch. im sure its only a matter of tiem till K++ patches as well to counter this.
TheDragonKnight

Postby K++ Team » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:12 am

people, just wait a few days and you'll see whats going to happen, something exciting... you just wait and see :)
K++ Team

Postby GR » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:21 am

hmm seems sharman just dont learn, if just for one second they realised that by going down the spyware and premium software route theyre consigning themselves to failure or mayb they realise this and are just trying to get some towards theyre retirement fund out of it. k++ will probably rise again based on the latest version. however it would be worthwhile if smhow the author of k++ wrote a client similar to k++ but with its own network, given the amount of the fasttrack user base that use k++ this must be a possibility, by trying to extuinguish the fire sharman wouldve poured a volatile solvent on it =]
GR

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:50 am

if you use this trick:
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2547

then, dont need any additional progs to block all ads and popup junks...

Postby vledder » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:45 am

well we don't have to worry about klk++ will disapear from the net.. a lot of servers hosting the latest klk++, they growing (so called) like mushrooms out of the ground :p there more mirrors then ever before! :P

well here's one:
http://kppdate.kickme.to/

btw there's a lite posibilty for kazaa 2.6 just look at http://www.geocities.com/klrismypwd like a 'guest' :wink: posted on the 1st page it's a loader (just like k++) for kazaa.. you only need kazaa.exe and klr.exe in same folder as kazaa lite k++ and run klr.exe then you have your lite with 2.6. btw yeah it's made by the famous dev. going by the initials: RN :wink:
vledder

PreviousNext

Return to Slyck News