Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

TorrentIt.Com Targeted Again

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby troc » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:11 am

The real crux for me in this article is missing. Its good news, but superficial.

It starts by saying that Brein has no powers to enforce the law, then states that the owners were served at home with papers, and ends with 20000Euro per day fines threatened. Now in that sequence there is something askew. Hmm perhaps an editorial is needed ? :)

I would like the article to have delved into exactly what law TiT had broken which Brein is using to threaten the admin (any precedents in this type of case ?). Then I would like this to be explained in language which I can understand. I know this is hard (and I may well be asking for the moon on a stick), as the case is in dutch and slyckTom is probably not versed in the minutae of dutch copyright law, but thats what I'd like to read.

It is information like that would be of higher quality, useful and be more stimulating for me.

Anyways, imo this is still are the best site for p2p news (not that I am biased). Keep up the good work.

--
Anti-piracy advocates are like priests before, while and after printing was invented. Primitive moral-hypocrites.
troc

Postby laffomatic » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:31 am

Brein may threaten them with things, but it isn't going to change anything. The problem is that nobody ever got sued for hosting a bittorrent site in holland, so I don't think anybody really knows what is going to happen when brein really sues the owner of torrentit. I don't really think he has to be scared. You only have to be scared when the FIOD is after you, because that is from the government. The FIOD "invaded" 14 places in holland and took equipment from the warez group Fairlight away. (http://www.om.nl/nieuws/archief/2004/4/21892/) But I don't think that the government cares about a torrent site :roll:
laffomatic

Farewell TiT

Postby knightwalker » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:10 pm

So, another one bites the dust. :cry:
This reminds me of the death of Supernova... I depended on TorrentIt so much... now I need to find another good site.

anyone have any reccommendations for a good private tracker? oh, and an invite as well? :oops:
sorry, its just that i've gotten used to the great speeds of TiT, and I can't imagine living with just Pirate Bay or Torrent Spy.

I would greatly appreciate some help... cheers
knightwalker

Postby Tinfish » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:09 am

well that sucks.
I liked tIt mainly for the community.
Tinfish

Postby Bacchu » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:10 am

Its not fair ..... Sites going down .. TiT was a gr8 place... :(
Bacchu

Postby Greech » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:21 am

Sounds like the site Admin(s) probably settled to get rid of the potential suit. No money to fight, etc. End up signing your life away to avoid the suit (not to mention the incredible stress on one's self and/or family).

G
Greech

Postby *Fairy* » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:25 am

:cry: this is just so sad... i miss TiT :cry:
*Fairy*

Postby foxkill » Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 am

As Staff of TorrentIt.com we'd like to thank everyone that joined our community and helped if flourish. Since there has been little change in our current status for a couple weeks we have decided that it is time for all of us to move on and remember TorrentIt for what all of us made it, a great community to be a part of.

As of now our former IRC Channel #TiT on After-all.org is no longer associated with http://www.TorrentIt.com, but will function as a memorial for that which was once a great honour and privilege to be part of.

Thank you to all our Uploaders, Users and fellow Staff.

May it rest in peace,with the realisation it achieved its purpose as a great site.
Life is a Paradox-Live with it.
Just a Humanbeing
foxkill

Postby doggymad99 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:41 pm

OK, I'm new to this site and I don't know if any TorrentIt staff use this but if they do then firstly I would like to thank them for the great job they did on TorrentIt.

Then I would like to offer my hand out in aid....

Although this may sound like just another silly idea, I believe it may work. I would be happy to host the site, I could run it (with the help of staff) in the United Kingdom from a server in say Russia or some random Asain one, I do not know whether this idea would work, but it is on the table and there as an option.

My MSN address is doggymad99@msn.com and my e-mail address is doggymad99@aol.com.

I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, so for the Staff and Owner of TorrentIt.com whether you think this idea would work or not, THANKYOU for providing a great service for so long,

Thanks, Gareth
doggymad99

Postby Allied » Wed May 03, 2006 6:50 pm

I'd like to thank the TiT staff too, It was fun while it lasted. It introduced me to a new circle of people and an FTP server. And I used the tracker and torrents often,
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7910/tit4dr.jpg
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby doggymad99 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:36 am

That pic is just depressing :(
doggymad99

Postby BlastGT1 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:36 pm

TiT always had an awesome community. It's what kept me going back again and again, even if there was nothing I really wanted to download at the time. 2200 forum posts says you're an addict, LOL.

Not everything in all the BREIN press releases was true, quite a bit of fluff that didn't quite trickle down like they made it out. However, I guess if I were looking at a court case that I couldn't afford, I'd probably have to step it down, too. Even if BREIN has no legal precedent to stand on. Life sucks sometimes.

As much as I'd love to say what I know (which isn't everything, admittedly), I'll keep quiet. But the reality is that changing site owners would likely make no difference for the current owner, as BREIN wants a fish on the hook one way or another. And we're more concerned about his well-being than keeping a torrent site alive. It's his call, and I for one will support him for whatever decision he makes.

Just remember it for what it was.....a very well-rounded torrent site and a community that was incredible. We won't forget you, TorrentIt.

I blogged my own tribute, should anyone care to read it: http://blastgt1.blogspot.com
BlastGT1

Postby Tinfish » Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 am

I like your little "eulogy"
I miss TiT too, the torrents are a pain to miss now, demnoid is no substitute and i aint got anywhere else to go.
but the real pain in the ass is the loss of the forums/community, I spent a lot of time there too even when i wasnt downloading.

Tinfish.

Edit.
i wish i had bought the bloody shirt before the site went TiT's up :(
Tinfish

Waarom niet in het nederlands

Postby waterval » Sat May 13, 2006 9:27 am

Waarom niet in het Nederlands?? We hoeven ons toch nergens voor te schamen?

Torrentit ik hoop dat je snel terugkomt. Het ziet er niet naar uit dat dit snel gebeurd maar natuurlijk we blijven hopen.
Jullie waren steen stikgoed echt vet zoals ze het noemen en ik en nog velen anderen zijn van jullie gaan houden. We willen jullie terug met zijn allen en ik ben ervan overtuigd dat het kan en dat het jullie gaat lukken.

Grtjs Waterval/ Marco
waterval

Postby fms2754 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:29 pm

was a member since 123 days. had a change of address and lost my internet connection. got new dish internet service. where is everybody. please help. :? :?
fms2754

Previous

Return to Slyck News