Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Official BitTorrent Developer Releases Trackerless Client

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Meow » Sun May 22, 2005 3:55 pm

Last edited by Meow on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meow
BANNED USER

Location: In bed with Eight of Nine... in the Delta Quadrant :)

Postby gregorio » Sun May 22, 2005 4:01 pm

Meow wrote:By the way, what's all this crap about Azureus being a resource monster? In Windows 2000 it uses only 1.5 Megs of RAM.

You must be using the J2ME version of Azureus...
LimeWire 4.13 is out. Don't miss it!
gregorio

Postby Christopher » Tue May 24, 2005 5:00 am

The DHT function of Azureus might also make it harder for the copyright organizations to go after people. Why? Because you could only give the tracker-less torrent to a few people you trust as first for them to get, and then have them post it on forums and stuff, so that it would be hard for people to figure out who shared the stuff first.
Christopher

Postby rizLaa » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:16 am

Azureus devs. always did their thing.

But the most of all other Clients using original BT core or bitTornado Core. And Tornado uses BT core too.

So imagine all Clients will use Original BT Clients DHT thing... then there is no problem imho. And later, maybe Azureus will go this way too, who knows.

btw: Azureus takes much ressources, but for me it takes less than ABC, and ABC is phyton , right ?

Im using RuFus ( nearly the same but better than G3 ) rufus.sf.net

greetz riz
rizLaa

Postby xymor » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:06 pm

For now there's Mainline, Bitcomet and uTorrent using standard DHT(Cohen) implementation, so I ask, Is azureus DHT superior or not? Just by googling DHT torrent, I get the feeling that Bitcomet is taking over azureus share very quickly.
xymor

Postby bitz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:38 pm

When it comes to dht bittorrent, we only need one well developed and working standard.

While bram makes claims, which seem like nothing more than fudd. Azureus was the first to actually get dht and make it work. Thus they should get to set the example everyone else follows and connects to. Unless bram's dht is better, which at the moment seems like a big load of fudd.

Anyways as to the dht standard and related features, it seems to me like they might not be complete, then again I'm probably wrong...
bitz

Previous

Return to Slyck News