Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Last movie you watched...

An area for general chat not related to file-sharing.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Last movie you watched...

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saw the crazies recently. it's ok. it's also full of silly errors, but they are irrelevant detail things, as opposed to (the following is a law abiding citizen spoiler, not a crazies spoiler)
Spoiler: show
how did he manage to spend so much time out of his cell and yet no one ever noticed he was missing?
... hey, it's a horror film.

and i'm very fond of radha mitchell :)
MrFredPFL

Postby sunnyd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Heck, I watched Jurassic Park and The Lost World, and I was jumping up every 5 minutes, even though the damn dinosaurs were so fake looking. :oops: Those kind are just not for me to watch, and the blood and gore in some of the horror ones I have seen, is just soooooo phony. :roll:
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby zbeast » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:32 pm

I said to myself that this year... I will not see any movie that rates lower than
a 6 out of 10 this year... Movie prices keep creeping up. I paid $40.00 for two people to see this film
popcorn and a drink.

So with that said the latest film I've seen is

Rango (2011)

Storyline

Rango is an ordinary chameleon who accidentally winds up in the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost in the Wild West in desperate need of a new sheriff.

if you like well crafted animated story's go see this one.

I give it a 8 out of 10
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:17 am

The Wonder of it All (2007) - documentary

a look at the apollo moon landings in the words of seven of the twelve men who walked on it, woven together from interviews many years later. a very interesting and enjoyable look at the pinnacle of human engineering achievement.
MrFredPFL

Postby zbeast » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Battle for LA... 2011

4 out of 10... it's not just bad, it's stupid.
It's not just bad the producers were so poor they could not rent any real current equipment
to put in the film accept one striker. Which they drove for about a block.

Crappy CG. This film is about 2 steps above a sifi channel original movie.

Plot aliens land on earth to take out water.
Hero Marines try to stop them.
it's pointless. it's unfocused.

Oh if you hate "shake cam".. then you really don't want to see this film.
I don't think there is one shot in this film where the camera is not rocking shaking and rolling for no reason
what so ever. I guess the director of cinematography was having a grand mal seizure while filming this turkey.

If you want to see a good well done war action film.
Go rent independence day, black hawk down, Saving Private Ryan, District 9.

District 9 which I went out and purchased on blu-ray to show my friends to dragged me to enema of a flick
to show them what a alien war move should look like.

Skip this dog.. No, it's not worth pirating.
zbeast

Postby sunnyd » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

I recently watched Brotherhood (2010). I think all of the main characters did a good job in their roles other than the first policeman that appears, he seemed somewhat lame, but then his role was sort of intended to be lame as a former "brother" that they knew, and they of course expected him to be on their side. I must admit, it reminded me of some pretty wild drunken college parties and also some very wild stories. This movie was intense the entire time, there was not one minute of calm in this movie, and it is by no means a teenage comedy. It is total fast moving drama and suspense, and then some.

Talk about fraternity games and pranks on pledge night, all gone bad....... holy shit.

So, for all of you current or former fraternity brothers, if you think your stories are wild, you should watch this movie.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby zbeast » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Movie: Hop (2011)
Director: Tim Hill
Release Date: 31 March 2011
Genre: Comedy
Tagline: “Candy, Chicks and Rock ‘n Roll.”
Plot Summary: The Easter Bunny is accidentally hit by a car, and it’s up to the offending driver to save
easter.

Ok it's dumb.. it has all the depth of sarah palin, but it's a cute little film that
I enjoyed.. 7 out of 10....
zbeast

Postby bluebird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 am

Movie: Greenberg (2010)
Director: Noah Baumbach
Release Date: 11 June 2010
Genre: Comedy Drama Romance
Tagline: “He's got a lot on his mind.

I read the reviews and I know this film should have been good but I didn't enjoy it at all.
I know its more of a character study than a comedy but the characters were so unlikeable.

There is Roger (Ben Stiller) a totally neurotic if not slightly creepy middle aged guy who spends most of the film arguing with the dreadfully annoyingly submissive younger Florence. (And we are not talking submissive as in Maggie Gyllenhaal in Secretary which I thought was a fantastic film, I am talking whining doormat :lol: )

That's nearly two hours of my life I wont get back :roll:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun x
bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby bluebird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 am

Movie: The kids are alright (2010)
Director: Lisa Cholodenko
Release Date: 29 October 2010
Genre: Comedy Drama
Tagline: Nic and Jules had the perfect family, until they met the man who made it all possible.

A more enjoyable film than the last.
A good cast (Isn't Yaya Dacosta absolutely stunning in this!!), well acted, Lovely locations, a good idea for a film and nice to see a family that does not conform to whats considered 'normal'.
The ending tailed off lamely though...I hate it when a good film has a crappy ending.

The soundtrack was good as well I love this track....

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZvIPL_BDA
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Last movie you watched...

Postby multivariable » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 am

you mean that movie only goes for 22 minutes! :wink:

if not, then the movie you posted about before that one wasn't the last movie you watched!
multivariable

Postby bluebird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Watching films at hi-speed is just one of my many super powers.....
Another is the ability to make drivers beep their horns and shake their fists at me when I am crossing the road with my MP3 player jammed firmly in my ears Image
Douglas Adams

bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby bluebird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:37 pm

...............I mean the headphones of my Mp3 player jammed firmly in my ears ...I have actually after years of training mastered the art of wearing an Mp3 player :oops:
Douglas Adams

bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 15, 2011 11:39 am

come on, bluebird. only prince charles has ears big enough to jam an MP3 player into. :)

i have never read anything written by john steinbeck, although i was certainly aware of his reputation. a couple of years ago, i finally got around to watching the 1940 production of "The Grapes of Wrath", starring henry fonda. as great an author as steinbeck is considered to be, and as great an actor as i know fonda was, this movie underwhelmed me, and left me wondering what everyone thought was so great. i haven't read the book still, so i don't know if it was the book itself or the movie that dropped the ball.

so i was a little nervous about watching this one.

Of Mice and Men (1992)

Starring: John Malkovich, Gary Sinese, Ray Walston, Sherilyn Fenn

the main reason i gave this one a chance is because of john malkovich. i'm very glad i did. great story, great film. looking forward to catching the 1939 version with burgess meredith and lon chaney jr.

edit: i never realized until today that fenn is suzie quatro's niece :lol:
MrFredPFL

Postby bluebird » Tue May 17, 2011 7:58 am

MrFredPFL wrote:come on, bluebird. only prince charles has ears big enough to jam an MP3 player into. :)

:lol: Easily!

I have watched the earlier film....well half of it. I hate to watch films are hurt or bullied so I switched off.
I do like the old Black and white films though (Unlike SOMEONE I could mention :roll: )
More character, better scripts and all there are 'old' people in them...you know people over 35 :lol:

I read John Steinbecks 'The Pearl' years ago and I enjoyed that....have I wondered into a different thread there :shock:
Douglas Adams

bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby sellina » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:23 am

Resident Evil Afterlife

Awesome Movie, I love all the part of resident evil ,this time Alice is back ,the first part is all action where the Alice clones all die and Alice becomes human, and then the middle is sorta the zombies killing all the black guys, then the ending is them saving like 2,000 people aboard an umbrella ship.
What is your thought about this movie ?
sellina

Postby jessica001 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:55 am

I watched Fast Five..
Last edited by HouseCrowd on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam link
jessica001

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

ok, it's not a movie, per se - but i think it's worth posting anyway.

Everest: Beyond the Limit (2006) - Documentary

this chronicles the attempts of several people to climb everest in april/may of 2006. i wasn't sure how badly i wanted to watch this, as it consists of 6 hour long episodes (minus commercials, of course), and i'm not a mountain climber, nor am i particularly fascinated by them. i am thrilled to have decided to give it a shot. this thing is absolutely fantastic. one of the great things about the advancement of technology is that now we are able to witness things which went unnoticed in the past. superb footage with sound all the way up the mountain, at every step of the way. this show has everything - drama, triumph, tragedy, humor, heroism, idiocy - you name it. (ok, maybe not everything - no topless girls ;) )

well worth watching. a very memorable and thorough look at what is a totally insane thing to do.
MrFredPFL

Postby piglets222 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Priest

A priest disobeys church law to track down the vampires who kidnapped his niece.

one word: Whooohooo!!

pretty good action flick, worth the :popcorn: wasnt the best story line, but i'd still recommend it
piglets222

Postby Mcdon2401 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am

Was watching 'The Hole' 2 nights ago... 15 minutes before the end, the local transmitter was shut down to allow the final switch over to digital TV.... 2 hours later, still no proper signals... :pissedoff:

Wasn't particularly good (unless you count Keira Knightley getting her bits out when she was younger) but I just wanted to find out what the feck was going on in it... that and my OH's daughter was watching it too, and I had to put up with her moaning as well.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt,

Then it's bloody hilarious :)

It is the mark of an educated mind, to entertain a thought without being seduced by it.
Mcdon2401

Postby piglets222 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Battle for Terra

its like... Avatar
and I really liked it :) awesome animation. scene that makes your jaw drop and go NoeWAI

Battle for Terra, originally screened as Terra, is a 2007 computer animated science fiction film, based on a short film of the same name about a peaceful alien planet which faces destruction from colonization by the displaced remainder of the human race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Terra
piglets222

Postby sellina » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am

Last movies i was watched with my friends group in theater i.e. Flypaper fully action packed movie....Awesome..
sellina

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:55 am

The Quiller Memorandum (1966)

not bad, not great.

the interesting thing is that i thought the music sounded very familiar. it reminded me a LOT of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. so i looked, and sure enough, it's the same guy, John Barry. check out his resume.
MrFredPFL

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 pm

well, this thread sure is popular lately :roll:

Cleaner (2007)

starring: samuel l. jackson, ed harris, eva mendez

genre: suspense

good movie.
MrFredPFL

Postby Ratt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

jessica001 wrote:I watched Fast Five..

Out of curiosity, what is it like to watch five movies in fast forward?
"Remember, kids, only rich people can sidestep the law. When you download our music without permission, you undermine the very fabric of society, but when we move our money to offshore tax shelters, that's simply 'fiscal responsibility'."
--MrFredPFL
Ratt

Postby sellina » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:21 am

I'd watched a lot of movie till a day and always watched movies in theater..Recently, I've watched The Big Year movie... What a comedy in it......Really enjoyed the movie..
sellina

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge