Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

News Headlines That Pretty Much Say It All

An area for general chat not related to file-sharing.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: News Headlines That Pretty Much Say It All

Postby sunnyd » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:34 pm

School Rejects Girls Prom Date

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... btv?hpt=C2

This story just really pissed me off, some rules are made to be broken, and this was one of them. I fail to see why the school could not make an exception considering the circumstances. It's her brother for shits sake who she had not seen in over a year, and he is dressed in full military uniform, do they REALLY think he would have set a bad example?

Asshole principal.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

News Headlines That Pretty Much Say It All

Postby multivariable » Sun May 02, 2010 6:44 pm

multivariable

Postby piglets222 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:37 pm

i was tempted to give this its own thread, titled something like... with friends like these who needs enemies...

oh and if you think its just a eel... the story gets better... it was a LIVE eel

:?

Man dies after a prank involving an eel in his butt

A Chinese man died after a drunken prank from friends ended with an eel in his rectum.

A 59 year-old chef was partying with friends as he normally might. He passed out drunk, expecting to wake up with nothing worse than the usual hangover.

But his friends allegedly had something special planned that would end in hilarity for all: Shoving a 20-inch long Asian eel into the man’s anus.

After eventually bringing the man to the hospital (it’s unclear how long it took), the man was pronounced dead by team of doctors on Sichuan, China. After performing an autopsy, they found the lengthy eel inside of the man. Cause of death? The eel ate the man’s bowels in their entirety.

It’s unclear at this time if the eel survived or if he’ll be facing charges. Either way though, I’m pretty sure his breath is pretty foul.
piglets222

Postby piglets222 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Woman Pulls Out Taser on Wendy's Worker Over Botched Order

When Melanese Reid didn't get her extra mustard and mayonnaise packets, she chased a drive-thru worker around the restaurant with a pink stun gun....
piglets222

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed May 19, 2010 2:41 pm

wow, i missed the eel in the ass story. truly amazing what drunks think is funny.
MrFredPFL

Postby sunnyd » Fri May 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Workers Asked To Return Bonuses After 16 Years

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37228369/ns/business/

About 180 county employees in suburban Atlanta are being asked to return thousands of dollars the county says they were overpaid 16 years ago.

Gwinnett County's chief financial officer, Aaron Bovos, calls it a project to "clean up receivables and to eliminate outstanding obligations."

Pretty sad that most likely due to the economy (fear of losing their jobs), for most of the workers, they may be afraid to say "kiss my ass", but on the other hand, surely they knew their pay was incorrect when they received it and it appears the honor system did not work. I can't help but wonder why was this not written off by auditors after a few years, and why the auditors did not question the additional payroll taxes which should have been paid on the payroll, unless they never balanced their quarterly payroll tax returns? If they are that lame at balancing and reconciling their books, and it took 16 years to find an error, they need to hire a new accounting staff. Pfffffffft to the 16 years later payback bullshit.
sunnyd

Postby HouseCrowd » Sat May 22, 2010 6:17 am

I bet they would've written it off after 16 years if they had realised that they owed the workers money. :roll:
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Sickening is an absolute understatement for this video, birds just covered in oil, gasping for air. :(
The devastation is just really beginning to surface with the BP oil disaster. Not sure if anyone else has been watching any of the live feed online of underwater attempted repairs, but at times, it is interesting, and yet horrific to think about, and more horrific to see the disaster in videos. :(

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/201 ... ds.bpr.cnn

But on a much brighter note, here's a good cat story video. :) You always hear about dogs helping their owners, but you seldom hear about cats doing it.

A Man Pulls His Wife To Safety After Their Cat Claws Two Dogs Attacking Her Outside Their Home.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... hou?hpt=T2
sunnyd

Postby piglets222 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:34 am

Woman hit by truck allegedly bored, 'wanted to see what would happen'

Elisha M. Miller allegedly allowed herself and her child to be hit by a truck Thursday evening because she was bored and wanted to see what would happen.

piglets222

Postby piglets222 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 pm

German student attacks Hell's Angels with puppy

A German student created a major traffic jam in Bavaria after making a rude gesture at a group of Hell's Angels motorcycle gang members, hurling a puppy at them and then escaping on a stolen bulldozer.

"The puppy was now in safe hands"

Oh... Thank God The Puppy Is Safe!!!!!

>.<

i had to look at this twice to make sure it wasnt a onion, link >> x
piglets222

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Buffalo Head Falls, Traps Man Snoozing In Recliner

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/20 ... -man_N.htm

(Entire article)
Most people would only worry about being crushed by a buffalo out in the wild. It turns out the animals can be dangerous when they're mounted on walls, too.

Monroe County Sheriff's deputies say a man in the Florida Keys had to call 911 when a stuffed water buffalo's head mounted on a wall fell on him and pinned him as he slept in a reclining chair. The sheriff's office said the call came in early Friday from the man, who could only yell his address and tell operators he had been trapped.

The man had apparently woken up when the buffalo head fell on his lap. The head was too heavy for him to lift, but the man was able to reach for his cellphone and call for help. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Is this for real, could it be so heavy that he could not even move it to the side?

It must be for real, here's the same thing: http://www.wftv.com/news/23869382/detail.html

Wonder what was used to hang it on the wall. :shock:
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Meet Oscar, The Adorable Bionic Pet Cat

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-200 ... inesArea.0 (Story and video)

Oscar the cat may have lost one of his nine lives, but his new prosthetic paws make him the world's first bionic cat.

After losing his two rear paws in a nasty encounter with a combine harvester last October, the black cat with green eyes was outfitted with metallic pegs that link the ankle to the foot and mimic the way deer antlers grow through skin. Oscar is now back on his feet and hopping over hurdles like tissue paper rolls.

:toast: to the medical team and engineers.
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 pm

awww, that's great :)

but i'll be damned if i understand how a cat sleeps thru a combine approaching.
MrFredPFL

Postby sunnyd » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:00 am

MrFredPFL wrote:but i'll be damned if i understand how a cat sleeps thru a combine approaching.

I wondered that also, and I checked about 15 articles and there were no more specifics on that. I wondered if somehow he had climbed inside it and got stuck, but every article defined it only as "he was lazing in the sun".

Nice to see how some people are truly devoted to their work (above and beyond), and definitely a very heartwarming story. :)
sunnyd

Postby piglets222 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 pm

i have seen some cats just lay and be vacummed... it might not have realized it was dangerous...

anyways... my submission

this is NOT an onion

x
A Missouri man fatally shot his wife while using a gun to put holes in his wall to install a TV.
piglets222

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 pm

I remember hearing about that before, it actually happened in March of 2008.

http://www.switched.com/2008/03/26/man- ... -install/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fhbJilcfI
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

80-Year-Old Heathcote Woman Caught Driving At 164km/h

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/year-o ... 5889128435

An 80-year-old woman has become one of the states oldest hoon drivers after she was caught speeding at 164km/h.

The Heathcote woman was nabbed driving at 164km/h on the Murray Valley Highway near Lake Boga just before 2pm this afternoon. The speed limit is 100km/h.

Swan Hill Highway Patrol officers said they had pursued the woman for 4km before she realised they were trying to intercept her.

Lol @ first comment under the article.... "Go Granny Go", lol.
She was doing 101 mph in a 60 mph zone, here is the USA article on it:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpps/news/o ... fc_8518466
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And everybody's sayin that there's nobody meaner
than the little old lady from Pasadena
She drives real fast and she drives real hard
She's the terror of Colorado Boulevard
Last edited by MrFredPFL on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling police
MrFredPFL

Postby sunnyd » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 pm

:lol: I can only imagine the look on the face of the arresting officer after reviewing her license and seeing what her age was.
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Lmao, this one was funnier each time I read it...and I'm pretty sure it's not just the Rum & Cokes. :wink:

Scientists Claim Fish 'Talk' To Each Other

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7876 ... other.html

Far from being a place of deep silence, the underwater world is abuzz with the sound of fish sweet-talking the opposite sex, warning others of danger, giving directions, and general background chatter.

Predators may even hunt out prey by intercepting fish talk, researcher Shahriman Ghazali of Auckland University said.

and now for the BEST part.....
He also advised pet owners who tap the bowls of goldfish not to hold their breath for a reply.
:shock: :lol:
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Hmm, lotsa fishy fish stories lately...

Shrimps 'Becoming Hooked On Prozac That Is Flushed Into The Sea'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rozac.html

It sounds a tad fishy but shrimps are becoming hooked on Prozac, scientists believe.
They fear the 'happy pills' are tinkering with the creatures' brain chemistry, making them more vulnerable to being eaten by other fish and birds.

The Portsmouth University researchers looked at the effect of the anti-depressant fluoxetine, also known as Prozac, on the behaviour of shrimps.

The shrimps are widely found in British coastal waters, close to treatment plants where the water may be contaminated with Prozac.
sunnyd

Postby piglets222 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Kleptomaniac Cat Stealing Panties Off Washlines

x

A spate of thefts from gardens and washing lines in a southern English town had been puzzling police.

Socks, gloves, ladies underwear -- almost anything left unattended was fair game for the thief, especially the knickers, and the rate of offending was getting worse.

But now the culprit has been unmasked as a kleptomaniac cat

"He started bringing socks home a few months ago and then gardening gloves which we tracked to our neighbor," his owner Peter Weismantel told the Southern Daily Echo newspaper.

"Then we had a situation in which he brought back young women's underwear," said Peter, 72.

I telephoned the police as people must have been missing clothes -- especially with women's underwear being taken.
piglets222

Postby sunnyd » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am

Woman Jailed For Reporting Bogus Text Threats

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20010 ... inesArea.0

By: Chris Matyszczyk
There are days when I really don't like myself very much. Sometimes, I even curse the very ground I tread and the being that I have willfully become.

However, if I write these feelings down, I try to make sure that they're in a very private corner of my laptop or, at the very least, hidden in one of the self-help books in my bookcase.

It seems, though, that Jeanne Mundango Manunga, a 25-year-old woman from Santa Ana, Calif., took a slightly different philosophical approach.

According to the Orange County Register, Manunga wanted to make people believe that it was others who disliked her. That, indeed someone was out to get her. Actually two someones - her ex-boyfriend and his sister-in-law.

Edit: The original article/source is this one http://www.ocregister.com/news/sister-2 ... nunga.html
(it has her picture).

This article reminds me of the other discussion on why prepaid cell phones should not remain anonymous as to who purchased them. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=51541
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 am

91 Year Old has 562,000 Miles On Her Car (Video)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... ISN?hpt=T2

A Wisconsin woman has put enough miles on her 46-year-old car to drive to the moon and back. WISN reports.

Lol @ the car outlasting her 3 marriages.
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 am

Bear Gets Stuck In Car, Goes On Brief Ride

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/23/colora ... tml?hpt=T2

If you think you've heard it all, follow this tale of a hungry black bear who went for a ride, literally.

Douglas County, Colorado, Sheriff's deputies early Friday got a call about a honking car and a commotion inside. Perhaps it was teenagers or a thief, they thought as they approached Ralph Story's 2008 Toyota Corolla.

It turns out it was a thief, albeit the furry variety.

Wait til you see the destruction of the car in the video, lol.
sunnyd

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge