Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Superseded Forum Rules

An area for general chat not related to file-sharing.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby IceCube » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:34 am

SlyckTom wrote:
Edit: OK, that's strange... now my ava works

err..not really!

/me thinks about donating an avatar for the time being.. :-D

PS the follwing verbage has been added to the rules:

If you fail to comply with the set forth rules, the moderation and administration reserve the right to remove your post without notice. Repeated offenses may result in banishment.

Sorry about the confusion. I didn't know my computer kept a cache of my old avatar. I'll never know if Imageshack gave my ava das boot unless someone tells me :cry: The good news is that I fixed it. I suppose for anyone else who has an ava that goes on the way side, an ava could be replaced that says, "Update your ava, the link in your profile no longer works for other members." (something I might be able to whip up in the little free time I do have now-a-days) Just an idea though. ;)
IceCube

Simple Question by a simple newbie

Postby Dog » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:03 pm

BTW, who is the Admin? Is it SlyckTom or SlyckScratch? I'm just curious, no pressure any1 :wink:
Dog

Postby LxBeast » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:08 pm

HouseCrowd/Ray/Tom are the admin.

Scratch/Mrs. 2P/Malicious Intent/ln_Solitude/Unbiased_Opinion...etc are mods.

Or 'where' last time I checked. :P
LxBeast

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:19 pm

Whaddya mean, "etc"?

Best bet is to look at the bottom of the "forum" listing, colour coded
Nick

Postby Assyrian » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:27 pm

LxBeast wrote:HouseCrowd/Ray/Tom are the admin.

Scratch/Mrs. 2P/Malicious Intent/ln_Solitude/Unbiased_Opinion...etc are mods.

Or 'where' last time I checked. :P

been on slyck for a long time, and im actually confused with who the mods are, why so many now?
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby carcassfan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:17 pm

cuzz there's so many assholes, breaking all the fucking rules... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
Tekk wrote:most of the things being pirated are obscure mexican bands
carcassfan

Postby Assyrian » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:22 pm

lets leave then CF, we'll find another forum.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby carcassfan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:27 pm

fuck you, dont flame me.....your breaking the rules....your off topic too....your so gone dude... :lol: :lol: :lol: next thing you know you'll be advertising your l33t blog site...pssst. I'm gonna start my OWN site. It'll be L33TBL0gg3r5.com...you can be admin...and I 've got 65 other peeps who will be mods :lol:

seriously though, this site is great...I love it.

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
carcassfan

Postby Assyrian » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:30 pm

:shock:

get a tattoo of 'slyck' on your chest then :wink:
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby carcassfan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:36 pm

I already made TDO get one on the back of his head...that way I have something cool to stare at...

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
carcassfan

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:55 pm

I apparently moderate the "Other Filesharing News" but I think all the "temp" writers got that privilage. Otherwise, we don't really moderate anything, we just have the ability to write all the l33tz0rz n3wz 4 a11 u p33p5 2 r3ad. :D

Edit: and it'll be THE day I learn how to spell too :P -typo-

Of course, don't tell anyone I moderate anything at all, I know I can still be passed off as just a simple Slyck user to some :lol:
IceCube

Postby SlyckScratch » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:16 am

IceCube wrote:I apparently moderate the "Other Filesharing News" but I think all the "temp" writers got that privilage.

Thats one forum too many :shock: :lol:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:38 am

My next article might just be about a power crazed mod!!! :lol:

Nah, us temps became perms, but the writers only get limited mod powers and presumably vic versa. Too many cooks and all that, I suppose. MI is a writer, too, but carries the position of editor. And a thankless task that is, too.
Nick

Postby Assyrian » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:47 am

pffft

/me creates his own empire

The Assyrian Empire is back!

ahhh off-topic, anywho, teh rulez rockz!11
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby SlyckTom » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:39 am

OK! This is more of a policy rather than a rule, never-the-less it has been added. If someone posts "help me!" or "noob needs help!" or "can joo help me?!1111", the subject will be changed to reflect their problem (the one contained in the thread, that is ;) )

12) Starting a new thread intelligently When asking for assistance on a particular topic, please use a descriptive subject to illustrate your situation. Please avoid the following generic examples:

"Help Please!" or "Need Help! or "OMG WTF!111"

Instead, be descriptive and concise. If you are having problems with a BitTorrent client, make sure your subject contains the pertinent information. For example:

"BitLord Has Trouble Connecting." or "BitComet Freezes During Start Up."
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby Assyrian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:44 am

tom, i dont think noobs read forum rules.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:53 am

No, but it's fun pointing em to the rules!

Perhaps it might be an idea to emphasise the need to post in appropriate threads at the same time.
Nick

Postby SlyckScratch » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:40 am

The mad thing is that every rule is based on common sense for the benefit of the users:

1) No advertising.
Who wants a site full of spam? Users? I don't think so.

2) No spam.
See 1: Who wants a site full of spam? Users? I don't think so.

3) No political threads.
A cast iron guarantee of splitting a community very roughly down the middle but slightly to the right. Or is that slightly to the left?

6) No religious threads.
A cast iron guarantee of splitting a community into 4 different size chunks and sundry others who all want to kill each other in the name of peace and what is right. Its a diversion that a file-sharing forum can do without. Slyck has a duty to protect its users from war and/or death.

7) No flaming, name calling, or general lamership.
If people are fighting you can't concentrate on the bigger things. Flaming causes friction, retaliation, name calling and all of it is lamership. Who wants a lame forum full of lamers?

9) No warez/key genz/serialz requests.
10) No copyrighted web/hash/NZB links or requests.
Slyck is a news and discussion site, not a spyware/adware/dialler spawning crack/warez repository.

12) Starting a new thread intelligently
Why anyone would want to give a proper description to a thread is beyond me. Someone will be telling me next that giving a thread a good title enables people to identify the likely content :roll:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:06 am

No Swearing Any user on the forum caught swearing will have their post removed without a fucking warning.

No Religious Threads If you start a religious thread, God will strike you down, so don't even try it.

No 1337 sp33k Pl3a53 r3frain fr0m p0sting in 1337 sp33k a5 i7 t@k35 t00 l0ng t0 r3ad and c0nfu535 n3w p0st0rz. Lolololol!

No Political Threads Please use common sense while posting here. Political debates entice flame wars. Besides, everyone knows George W. Bush is right.

No Spam Slyck.com is no place for spam. Advertising on slyck.com will result in having your uncool slyck.com post editted by the slyck.com admins. Repeated offenses on slyck.com will result in you being banned from slyck.com. Please use common sense on slyck.com when posting on slyck.com. :lol: :lol: :lol:
IceCube

Postby Dog » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 pm

Assyrian wrote:tom, i dont think noobs read forum rules.

What are you saying that noobs don't read the rules. I read the rules when I came here. Otherwise, some people who want to be banned from here will just do everything their own way and get banned. Anyways, who is dumb enough to wanna be banned :?: :roll:
    Home Build (Specs Below) -and- HP Pavilion dv7-1270us
    Windows 7 RTM x64 Ultimate BOTH Machines
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2GHz Venice - ECS 755-A2 socket 754 mobo
    XFX PVT73AUDE3 7600GT XXX edition AGP - ASUS VH222H connected through DVI/laptop HDMI
    Seagate 250GB SATA 1.5Gbps drive - WD GreenPower 500GB 5400RPM drive pulled from My Book Essential
Dog

Postby Assyrian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:47 pm

you read the rules before posting? then your not a noob.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Dog » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:05 am

I've been reading stories and replies since April. After all these months, I just decided to join and here I am :lol: :D . Ever since day 1, I thought i might accidently break a rule. I sorta did break a rule with my first ava being a bit big, but luckily IceCube PMed me about it and resized my avatar to comply with the rules.
    XFX PVT73AUDE3 7600GT XXX edition AGP - ASUS VH222H connected through DVI/laptop HDMI
    Seagate 250GB SATA 1.5Gbps drive - WD GreenPower 500GB 5400RPM drive pulled from My Book Essential
Dog

Postby IceCube » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:10 am

Well, glad I was able to be of service there ;)

I got the feeling that you'd be a frequent poster and I had some extra time on my hands (unlike now :cry: ) so that is why I was able to do the deed :)
IceCube

Postby Dog » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:02 pm

I guess you thought correct about being a frequent poster
Dog

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Yo Dog welcome to Slyck!! 8)
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge