Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

UTATANE|sick of waiting

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

UTATANE|sick of waiting

Postby Foxxy_Fuyumi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Since I downloaded Utatane (twoo weeks ago) I just downloaded one freaking single. Jesus what I have to do???

Another thing... when we are waiting (in the Xfer tab), what we have to do to maintain the stuff there after shutting down?
Foxxy_Fuyumi

Re: UTATANE|sick of waiting

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Well it seems to be mostly used by japanese users, so depending on what your searching for that may explain things.
Are you sure it isnt being blocked by your firewall or router?
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby SwordOfZork » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Are you in Japan? Otherwise, why are you using Utatane? The network is extremely small, and mostly only inside Japan, with content relative to its Japanese userbase.
SwordOfZork

Postby sunnyd » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Utatane is basically the Japanese version of winmx, I use Utatane daily, version 0.253. Version 1.04.3 has been tested and known to handle larger files, but also has numerous transfer issues. Utatane is very commonly used in OpenNap, and not just in Japan. I have pulled 4.2 gig files with version 0.253 with no issues whatsoever. It appears as though Foxxy_Fuyumi may be having an issue with knowing how to resume a file, if so Foxxy, please be more specific with whatever questions you may have so that I can perhaps try to answer. The default port for Utatane is port 6699, if you are using a router, and have not opened port 6699, then you would need to change the settings in Utatane to say "unable to listen on port for incoming tcp connections". If not using a router, then you would also use that same setting. If you have opened the port (6699) in the router, make sure the box is checked in settings to say "listen on port 6699". As mentioned earlier, make sure your firewall is not blocking it. Again, without more specific questions, I can't really answer further.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 pm

utatane is not a network in and of itself. it's an opennap client. yes, opennap is popular in japan - but unless foxxy is connecting to japanese servers (are you?) i wouldn't think that would be an issue. when you're connecting to non-japanese servers, the vast majority of other users will be using winmx (also popular in japan, i hear ;) ), not utatane (also a non-issue. each client will download from the other). additionally, i think this is not a case of no search results, but rather a case of queued transfers which do not start. is that right, foxxy? more info would be helpful.

edit: sunny beat me :)
MrFredPFL

Postby SwordOfZork » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:47 am

Ah, well thanks for the clear-up. I had head differently.
SwordOfZork

Postby Foxxy_Fuyumi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

MrFredPFL wrote:additionally, i think this is not a case of no search results, but rather a case of queued transfers which do not start. is that right, foxxy? more info would be helpful.

edit: sunny beat me :)

Exactly that's the problem. I have maaaaany results but the problem is the queue thing. I already know about the porters thing thanks anyway =)

I am waiting ageees to get a single, a song or an album... I try to talk with the guy who has it (maybe can put me in auto start) but nothing...
Since last week I am trying to download LEO IMAI - Synchronize single and since then I always see number two in the queue thing (sorry I dont understand that)...
I dont know what to do =\
Foxxy_Fuyumi

Postby sunnyd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 am

Foxxy, if you are able to do a "whois" on the user that you are trying to pull from, (right click to obtain user information), that would show you if the user has other uploads at that moment, and what client software he/she is using. If you do this, and you see that the other user has no uploads in transfer, but you remain queued at 2, it would be an indication that they are blocking uploads. If you have sent messages, and are getting no response to them, you may try asking another user to see if they are able to get the file for you. You can also keep trying at different times to see if another user will show up on line with that same file. It is unfortunate that some users would ever block uploads, but we do see this happen. To explain further what number 2 means in queue, it defines the place you are in line (behind others) for a specific file you are waiting for, it could be 2, 4, 10, etc., and sometimes, large files take a long time to transfer so at times users need to have patience waiting for files, as you have no idea what the file size of the person in front of you is pulling. Let us know if you have any other questions, and good luck, keep trying :) .
sunnyd

Postby Foxxy_Fuyumi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

This is his info:
User Name : Anju
Server : kujira server
User Level : User
LinkTime : 35:06:45
Channel :
Stat : Active
Shared : 982
Download : 0
Upload : 0
Type : Cable
Clients Soft : Utatane v0.253

So he's blocking uploads. Jesus some people are so selfish..
Oww and thanks for explaining the queue thing. I had a hint it was that lol =p

Another thing.
Why when I put my paste of musics it doesnt load there. It says 0 files =\ I have thousand of musics in the paste =\
Foxxy_Fuyumi

Postby sunnyd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Yes, he has his default setting to 0 uploads which is what some rude users do. To add a shareset (shared files), you first need to create one. Click on the share tab, then select a shareset which are (use the drop down scroll to see them), shareset1, normal etc., or click on Add Setting and make your own name. Once you have that set, then click on the add folder, it will open up a windows explorer window so that you are able to add folders to share. Once you see the folder at the left after you choose it, hit the refresh, and then you should see your files in the center window pane of that share screen. You also have to edit your server on the server tab to reflect the proper shareset that you have created for the server you are on. You CAN make several sharesets for different nets if you choose to (example, share movies on one server, music on another, etc.). You set the incoming folder in settings, transfers. Any time you add new files to your shared folder/s , you must hit refresh to make them show to other users. If after all this time you have been on line, and you have not shared any files (they do not show), perhaps this is one reason that this person, or others may not be sharing with you. :wink: . After making your shareset, add yourself to your hotlist (right click, add user, choose server and enter your nick), then you can whois yourself to make sure your files are showing. If you need information on how to resume a file, let me know. Always reshare the files you pull, then it's fair for all :D
Last edited by sunnyd on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunnyd

Postby Foxxy_Fuyumi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Ohh. Ok I created another Share set. In the normal one I already had videos.
Now I am tryn to add MP3 (japanese, kporean and english) to the new shareset I created however the files dont appear... that's so weird =\

Oh and how I do if I want all sharesets in all servers... not only one
Foxxy_Fuyumi

Postby sunnyd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 pm

In each shareset, you can add any folder you want. If you choose shareset1, you can have music and video folders all in one shareset. The folders are what differ in the sharesets, not the sharesets themselves. You just need to choose which shares (folders/files) you want in the shareset, and then choose which shareset you want for each server. You can only use one shareset per server, but you can use multiple folders of shared files in the shareset you create.
sunnyd

Postby Foxxy_Fuyumi » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh thankss. Now I understood.
I put everything in one shareset like scans and videos.
But I still have a problem. Why Utatane doesnt see my MP3?? I am always adding the folders and Utatane doesnt recnognize.
I'll post a caps:

Foxxy_Fuyumi

Postby sunnyd » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 am

Hi Foxxy, first of all, are those ALL different folders on the left side, or are some just individual files (it's tough to tell from only a partial view, not able to see entire file path)? I see you have opened one folder on the left, and Utatane is displaying those contents in the middle window, but if you click on the Musica folder, are you saying they do not show in the middle window? Also, did you hit the refresh after you added the folders? I have 6 folders shared on mine from 4 different drives (all you see on mine in the left window is 6 folders), and each individual file inside of each folder shows fine in the middle window. Did you scroll all the way to the bottom of the middle window? Also, you can check folder properties for numbers of files inside, and then you know how many are supposed to be shared, then whois yourself and see if they are indeed showing (you will have to manually count/add them all from each shared folder to get a total count). The middle window will put them in a specific order, so I am wondering if you did not scroll down far enough to see them all. I would suggest condensing some of the folders (put more files in one folder, share less folders). Just so you know, the middle window will allow you to sort what you see in display by clicking on the word file or size (at the top of the display), it will display them in the order you choose (that option also works for the search results display also, sort by user, size, file name, etc.). You are adding them correctly (or so it would appear) so you should see all your files. Try sharing only the main folders, not the main folders AND the subfolders, no need to do both. I could not help but notice that you have numerous file names shared that are the same name, not really labeled other than numbers, how is another user supposed to know what that .jpg file is, and are these files (001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc.) files that someone else would actually want? If you are just trying to share tons of files to increase your shared number, that does not go over well with users who actually have properly tagged files, files truly worth sharing. (Just something you should think about or you will end up on the ignore list of several users). Your files are tough for me to properly identify without seeing full file path.
sunnyd

Postby Air~ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am

About this 0 uploads thing, don't get your hopes too up, most japanese user only trading and not sharing and because most of them have already all kind of stuff it's pretty hard to trade with them anything, so utatane can be very frustrading and most of the jap. users won't answer you to your messages at all >.<
Air~

Postby sunnyd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:57 am

Just to clarify, blocking file uploads is done just as rudely with other file sharing clients also (using patches and programs), it is not unique to just Utatane. While it is considered very lame with ANY client, and not tolerated by many server owners (users will be banned for not allowing uploads) it does happen.
sunnyd

Return to Others