Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

New to me

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

New to me

Postby fortytworc » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:44 am

Has anyone heard of TF.ORG - The Films - movies download portal ? If you have can you fill me in on anything you know? THANKS!

fortytworc
fortytworc

Postby Nutty-Slack » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Never heard of them, but I couldn't imagine myself paying for 700mb Xvid rips of movies that I could get for free (and probably better quality).

just wanted to say that I was impressed that anyone would remember a board password after four years!
I'm guessing you're one of those people that uses the same password for everything? :wink:

(Extra 'hint': You could try editing the subject/topic of this thread to "Has anyone used tf.org" or something along those lines.)

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Postby caldis » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:13 pm

I am not trying to be a troll or anything but this really caught my eye.

Nutty-Slack wrote:Never heard of them, but I couldn't imagine myself paying for 700mb Xvid rips of movies that I could get for free (and probably better quality).

Everyone keeps bitching and says "I am only downloading because it is too expensive to go watch a crappy movie at the theaters. If they would make them available to download for a reasonable price and ok quality there wouldn't be a need for online 'piracy'".

Nutty-Slack please don't take this personal unless you don't consider yourself a movie pirate and feel you are doing something wrong if you "steal" a movie.

But when ever you need to justify you downloading illegal movies from the internet remember this thread.
caldis

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:20 pm

caldis wrote:Everyone keeps bitching and says "I am only downloading because it is too expensive to go watch a crappy movie at the theaters. If they would make them available to download for a reasonable price and ok quality there wouldn't be a need for online 'piracy'"

no, everyone does not say that. some people say that. for example, i've never said it. if you've seen nutty-slack say it, then fine. if you are holding him responsible for what someone else said, why would you do that?
MrFredPFL

Postby Nutty-Slack » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Nope, I've never said that either.
But yes, I do steal movies and I fully advocate others doing the same on my personal expressed authority.

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Recordings are adverts and should be free to copy and view.

Postby fivish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:33 pm

The live or cinema performance is where the real money should come from, anything else is just an advert which should be free to copy and view.
The music and film industry are gready and want us to pay for their adverts. No other industries do that. These industries make billions of dollars/pounds from their products despite the huge copying and downloading that goes on.
They should stop wasting money on DRM and other copyright protection devices and make just a little less money instead. They realy wouldnt miss it.
fivish

Re: Recordings are adverts and should be free to copy and vi

Postby TorrentMama » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:47 pm

fivish wrote:The live or cinema performance is where the real money should come from, anything else is just an advert which should be free to copy and view.

Right on my brother from another mother. Now go get a job at the MPAA & make this happen.
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Return to Others