Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Pando?

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Pando?

Postby ebony_fan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:55 pm

Have you tried Pando? I'ts Beta at the Moment, but it's pretty good, I run a support group, maybe give it a try, I am trying to cut down on people sending Spam through the group by setting new rules which include members NOT sending messages other than Requests and File Attachements, it's a little hard to explain unless you have a look, and I had a little problem with some stupid people earlier and had to ditch ALL the members and start again lol, give it a go, but please use it responsibily :D

http://uk.geocities.com/piropiracy/index.html
ebony_fan

Postby abou105 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:18 am

bit mor einfo on the app would be nice dude :)
Information is so valuable in todays society, its understandable people want to lock it up, but the internet is about freedom of information, lets not take that away.
abou105

Postby multivariable » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:23 am

I dunno. Via email? Pretty amateurish-looking website. I'm a bit dubious, me :|
multivariable

Postby OhMyGod » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:11 pm

I've been trying this new software. You have to join the Pando groups and wait for someone to send you an email with a link to a file. There's not many groups yet, but this program could really take off if more people got involved. It's very easy to upload any file and share it. More easy than uploading a torrent.

I got much better speeds with Pando downloading a full avi then what I even got with BitTorrent.
The speeds are unbelievable, but the content is limited to what others upload. Some groups have requested files such as music, movies, software, etc.
The request are often made when available.

Thanks. :D
OhMyGod

Postby yaveznodo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Pando is built on the Bittorrent engine from what I've seen. But it could become popular once more people get involved. Who knows, maybe the E-mail route is a good idea. I wonder if it would stop the MAFIAA from joining public trackers and such.

Watches with interest.
yaveznodo

Postby SaberBlaze » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Yeah, I posted a thread on this a while a back, here it is:

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20230

Read tm,'s post.
SaberBlaze

Postby Progz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:14 pm

hmm this seems.... amazing?? I will begin to test with it :? what can you share the pando thing through email with more then one person or no?
Progz

Postby OhMyGod » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Progz wrote:hmm this seems.... amazing?? I will begin to test with it :? what can you share the pando thing through email with more then one person or no?

Yes you can share the same file with many people, links are posted to Yahoo Groups for all members to share.

You can upload any file and send it to a Yahoo group to share with everyone. I'm sure other groups like Google and MSN would work also. So far there is only Yahoo Groups for Pando links. But anyone could create a group to send Pando links to members.

OhMyGod

Postby Progz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:26 pm

OhMyGod wrote:
Progz wrote:hmm this seems.... amazing?? I will begin to test with it :? what can you share the pando thing through email with more then one person or no?

Yes you can share the same file with many people, links are posted to Yahoo Groups for all members to share.

You can upload any file and send it to a Yahoo group to share with everyone. I'm sure other groups like Google and MSN would work also. So far there is only Yahoo Groups for Pando links. But anyone could create a group to send Pando links to members.

Hmm now that I understand how this works. I want to make a google group for it. Ive already did also but its for tv only. Would you like to join?

edit: actually I dont understand how the bittorrent comes to place? it seems like i just upload stuff to a server and people download from it.
Progz

Postby sonnentier » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:24 am

As it was mentioned already (tm, wrote it in the other thread),
this is more like a "One click webhosting"/Web-Uploading page like rapidshare, but in form of an application, and using BitTorrent.

If they don't put data onto my computer, and their retention/limitations are/get reasonable, this could however still be a useful application/method. I guess most communitys will use bbs insted of eMail, but that's no problem for pando I guess. I actually like to have a little application, it is more dangerous thinking of Bugs, but also something new and not your browser again.
sonnentier

Re: Pando?

Postby pandomaster » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am

Come check out pandolinks.com. We're just starting up, but we already have a lot of links. Hopefully some of you guys can come help us out :P
pandomaster

Return to Others