Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Private DC Network via Hamachi

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby bitz » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:21 am

Might be nice to get a dc client and an server ported to i2p.
bitz

Postby Asuran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Revliskciuq wrote:Wow there you go then, that took the wind out of my sails - now why the hell would they have it do that? netstat fails to resolve the IP, and so does DC++, yet they have it right there for you in the Hamachi program.

If the data is sent to the internet, it is going to have source and destination internet protocol (IP) addresses. Even if the unorthodox setup of the hamachi client would confuse netstat or DC, the actual packets that are sent to the network will have real addresses. I'm sure you could verify that with a network analyzer software such as Ethereal. Hamachi is a virtual network and underneath every virtual network is the real network, in this case the internet. Trying to hide this fundamental fact on the application layer will not stop anyone who knows what they're doing, so they may just as well show it. (Sorry for bumping old thread.)
Asuran

Re: Private DC Network via Hamachi

Postby dalmar6677 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 am

I realize that this post is almost six years old, But did you ever get a chance to start your hub? I would either like to start one with you or join yours if you have started already. Thanks Dale
dalmar6677

Previous

Return to Others