Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

anonymous P2P

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby SlyckScratch » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:40 am

Drake wrote:I've seen you post about anonymous proxies. Why do so many people use them?

I use them when accessing sites I don't trust. In a truly anonymous network there is no trust at all. I just don't think that this is a good thing for a community. Thinking way, way ahead, anonymous networks will eventually take off (probably when we all have so much bandwidth we can afford to waste at least half of it) and the scammers will come pouring in to exploit the fact that they can do what they like. Then what?
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby tarp404 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:35 pm

Then what? Then people like you will be forced into using a superior operating system to windows that is actually secure. No big deal.
what what in the butt
tarp404

Postby lordpake » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:00 pm

tarp404 wrote:a superior operating system to windows that is actually secure.

:roll: Let's not start an OS war here okay? Windows is safe when properly used/configured. Besides OS here has little to do with scammers etc that come with tru anonymity, it's the human element that counts.
lordpake

Postby SlyckScratch » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:23 pm

tarp404 wrote:Then what? Then people like you will be forced into using a superior operating system to windows that is actually secure. No big deal.

People like me? I'll presume you're referring to computer users in general....

When there's no accountability, people will abuse this. Software exploits would be a small part of your worries. People can be exploited in plenty of other ways.

I'm not against anonymous p2p as such and i'm not even against the concept of anonymous networks in a wider sense nor the intentions of the developers or enthusiasts who work so hard.

lordpake wrote:Besides OS here has little to do with scammers etc that come with tru anonymity, it's the human element that counts.

I just think they're wide open to abuse and victims would get no support.
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby deoderantsoap » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:59 pm

there is no such thing as anoymous
i can use netstat and obtain your ip range automatically.
dream on
deoderantsoap

Postby lordpake » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:06 pm

deoderantsoap wrote:there is no such thing as anoymous
i can use netstat and obtain your ip range automatically.
dream on

:lol: You apparently have no idea about these things, do you?
lordpake

Postby tarp404 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:21 pm

SlyckScratch wrote:
tarp404 wrote:Then what? Then people like you will be forced into using a superior operating system to windows that is actually secure. No big deal.

People like me? I'll presume you're referring to computer users in general....

When there's no accountability, people will abuse this. Software exploits would be a small part of your worries. People can be exploited in plenty of other ways.

I'm talking about windows users in general, that use an os that is by default very insecure, and only even partially secure when it is 'properly used/configured'.

What kind of accountability do you imagine the regular internet has that anonymous networks don't provide? Usenet has never had accountability for their users in its 30 years of existence, and while its certain that it provides for some things that we might disagree with, it's not really a problem.

deoderantsoap--
Right now on MUTE-net there is a song by the Barenaked Ladies called "Old Apartment". Since you think there's no such thing as anonymous, why don't you log on and tell me exactly what IP address that song is originating from. :)
what what in the butt
tarp404

Postby Drake » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:54 pm

SlyckScratch wrote:...the scammers will come pouring in to exploit the fact that they can do what they like. Then what?

What kind of exploits do you think they will be able to use that they can't already use now?
Drake

Postby lovegeneration » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:41 pm

if you need a proxy for filesharing use http://antsp2p.sf.net ; emule p3p net is implementing it as well but still in alpha
http://p2p-revolution.splinder.com/tag/emulep3p
lovegeneration

Postby GnuNetter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:22 pm

I personally think that only good and really working solution is to build system that has been planned for anonymity.

Using traditional solutions with separate anonymizer layer doesn't give good performance.

http://www.gnunet.org/

I'm waiting for next version release.
GnuNetter

Re: dumb

Postby informatico » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:05 pm

kevinsanz wrote:who ever said Mute-Net had less user and less content than Ants is the Stupidest person In the world. Ants has like 80 people Mute-Net has over 2,000. Mute has Content ons more. Ants has 132 songs in total if you search for mp3. On mute their would be over 3,000

On FreeNova (information on geocities under /scruple555 or search on the internet) there are 4342 keys for music files. Some are albums so they represent multiple mp3s/oggs.

If you want content then you should visit Freenet 0.5, the FreeNova site has been up for about a year now. Freenet has improved greatly, and there is active development for version 0.7 Freenet.
informatico

Re: anonymous P2P

Postby rupert bloone » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 am

i am using swiss vpn all the time with a free voucher its a good service

best

rupert
rupert bloone

Previous

Return to Others