Slyck Chatbox - And More

Ditch FastTrack

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby LxBeast » Sun May 08, 2005 6:38 pm

I agree, it's more then it deserves.

But why Allied, why revive such an old thread :? :?:
Last edited by LxBeast on Sun May 08, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LxBeast

Postby countrypirate » Sun May 08, 2005 6:42 pm

Yayass evil demon be gone :lol:

Why spam of course ha ha :D
countrypirate

Postby Allied » Sun May 08, 2005 7:50 pm

I was actually thinking that Azureus could have its own section. Its the most popular BitTorrent client in the circles that I run in. Its got the DHT thing giving it its own network. It doubles as tracker software. Its open-source putting it a few steps above every closed source BitTorrent app(eXeem).

But then I started thinking the index is crowded as is. Giving an app based on the facts of unique, multi-purpose and open-source may justify other apps positions on Slyck. Like P2mail, I still don't think it deserves its own section.

Then the idea of suggestion a Decentralized BitTorrent section popped into my head. But in the last Azureus interview, the guy said he didn't want Azureus comared to eXeem. Adn you couldn't have a decentralized BitTorrent software section without mentioning eXeem.

So I was left with the thought of how to optimize the index page. Then I saw Kazaa, K-lite and Fasttrack. Why should those ancient things get so much attention when Azureus, exeem, Kenosis and all the other BitTorrent based apps are ignored.

So if I can't justify the next generation of BitTorrent software being given more space here, I figured I'd try to bury those 3rd class filesharing apps.

I thought of starting a new thread. But instead opted to revive one of the old ones. First I saw this one,
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8160
Which ended with Unbiased_Opinion mentioning this thread. So I flipped a coin and it was tails. So I bumped this thread.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Psycho Ced » Sun May 08, 2005 8:29 pm

FastTrack
Kazaa Lite
Kazaa
iMesh

good idea Allied, Why don't you also post message your idea to an admin? I think they should collapse these forums to one. But Azureus should remain under bittorrent. As for eXeem .... who knows, but Bittorrent forum can still cover it. There is nothing wrong with sub-forums
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby Allied » Sun May 08, 2005 8:42 pm

I don't like sub-forums. They're to easy to ignore. What if you start a topic in a sub-forum, and it gets little to no responses? You'll always wonder wether its because knowbody cares or becasue knowbody knows...
:shock:
I'm not confident in any of my ideas enough to bug an admin directly.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Sun May 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Yes, please. Ditch this shit network once and for all.

....or just merge them all together as proposed :wink:
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby Assyrian » Sun May 08, 2005 11:30 pm

i think its a good thing if we ditch fasttrack from this site, we want people to stop using it because its unsafe of viruses/fakes/**AA etc.. so by having it on the front page of the slyck guides your advertising for newbies.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Psycho Ced » Sun May 08, 2005 11:50 pm

lol
Just remember, a hero does not kill his foes unless he has no choice. Be a hero and let KaZaA live. They still have a chance to repent! Lets just cut them down to size and give them one forum til they learn to be productive members of the community!

Now here is the Real plan, we use the KaZaA's FORUM[notice there is no "S" :wink: ] to lure them in to this site; then we hit em with everything we've got - er .... except eXeem :twisted: :!:
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby Assyrian » Sun May 08, 2005 11:53 pm

not a bad idea PC, they'll never know what hit 'em :twisted:
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby ilbozo » Mon May 09, 2005 12:23 pm

How bout a poll to see how the rest of the community think? Run it for a few weeks to ensure we get a good response then the admin will see what everyone thinks and make the necessary changes!?
ilbozo

Postby Allied » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:08 am

*bump(again)
I think a poll would be unnecessary. I think someone just needs to chase after an admin for a while. Since its obvious that everyone thinks Kazaa and Kazaa Lite and Fasttrack should be one section.

The Fasttrack description talks about Grokster and iMesh. Grokster still connects to Fasttrack, but iMesh doesn't.

I know there were a few ideas saying iMesh should be merged with the fasttrack forum. But now since they've dropped the fasttrack network, paid off the riaa and agreed to have a filtered network its time to delete that section all together.
Maybe send all the topics before June 2005 into the Fasttrack forum. And all the topics after into Gnutella since GnucDNA is the only good thing about iMesh.

But Kazaa, Kazaa Lite and Fasttrack can still be grouped together.

Who wants the demeaning job of pm'ing an admin and asking the obvious?
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby Assyrian » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:10 am

hehe 1 month later and the thread come back again. does Tom or Ray even know about this thread yet? :? :shock:
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Allied » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:52 pm

*bump

2 months(and 2 days) since I weighed in on this.
My, how things have changed. In the Fasttrack description, Grokster and iMesh are listed. :lol:
Grokster's dead. iMesh started their own network, added GnucDNA during the few months GnucDNA wasn't GPL and ditched Fasttrack.

So calling for iMesh to be merged into the Fasttrack forum doesn't make any sense. But having an iMesh forum makes even less sense. The iMesh network isn't trust worthy. So its just an adware version of Gnucleus. What heritage iMesh had has been washed away with a new generation of better, ad free clients. Then stomped into the ground with another new generation of better ad free clients.
Dump all the iMesh threads into "Other". Then delete the iMesh section.

So we're left with Kazaa, Kazaa Lite and Fasttrack.

What is Kazaa Lite?
Is it a reference to the long since dead "Kazaa Lite K++"? When Paul first got the letter from Sharmen, he decided not to explain the legal troubles. Rather, he decided to announce Fasttrack was a dead end.
And of course "Kazaa Lite" didn't end there. First there was KLR(Resurrection), then KLT, then KLR(revolution) and many other hacked to death, photo shopped extensions of the original.
There’s K-Lite, the most advanced hacked version of Kazaa. If you were to check FSH, you’d see the announcement of the newest version. Announced by someone named “FTFakes”.
And what have they brought us? A feud here and there, a Slyck senior and P2Pforums admin writing a guide to killing it and a forum full of members anxiously awaiting Gnutella's ascension.

Yes, at a time Kazaa Lite did mean something. But not anymore. KMD's spyware is tame when compared to the siht on Fasttrack. Ironically, spending bandwidth on ads and cookies may be the only thing stopping n00bs out there from screwing up their computer.

Kazaa, Kazaa Lite. It doesn't matter. Kazaa is Kazaa is Fasttrack.

...see you in another 2 months.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:18 pm

Hey it's been over a year since I posted this. Nothing's going to happen. I gave up a few months after I posted the issue.
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby SlyckChuck » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:26 am

One look at this headline and I thought,

DUH!!!!! :shock:

Hopefully enough info has been circulated to ensure people to avoid this application. One with a big bullseye if used.
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Previous

Return to Tell us what you think