Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Why???

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Why???

Postby ioniancat21 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 pm

I have an issue with this site frequently regarding logging in. When I would like to post comments I attempt to login and constantly get prompted to put the confirmation code in as well. The trouble is your captcha-type code security is barely readable so what ends up happening to me is that I try to enter a few of the codes, get frustrated because I can't read the confirmation, and in the end, skip posting alltogether as I'm just annoyed by the lack of ease logging in. I could imagine I would probably have double the posts if logging into this site wasn't so painfully time-consuming.

You guys need to make those security codes more easily viewable and second, not have to confirm every login attempt and only lock out after a number of failed login attempts.
ioniancat21

Re: Why???

Postby Mcdon2401 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Strange? Have you selected the "Remember Me" option when you log in? I've done both for the computer and my phone, and it works fine...
It's only funny until someone gets hurt,

Then it's bloody hilarious :)

It is the mark of an educated mind, to entertain a thought without being seduced by it.
Mcdon2401

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm

i'll second mcdon's suggestion. unless you have a strong reason to not want to, i'd definitely recommend letting yourself be logged in automatically each time. this will eliminate the vast majority of the difficulty here.

we are unfortunately aware of the difficulty of the current captcha. it's an issue with spambots, and we're working on a better solution. i hope everyone can bear with us in the meantime.

cat, i will PM you with some more info. look for that soon.
MrFredPFL

Postby piglets222 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm

godsbedamm'd i agree! i just try'd to login and it told me i 'exceeded the maximum allowed attempts', that was my first and only attempt Today, and i hadnt try'd yesterday, and then it put up that captcha and it was like HolyWTFHellWithBBQSause... atleast the 3rd try it accepted the captcha >.<

i do thank mr.fred for helping me the Last Two Times I got locked out of my account... very helpful, and patient

and i have to say, i frown at the whole 'remembering' thing, i worked with to many public computers where people would never logout, or selected automatic login... and it left their info available, even on my personal computers i never allow it, if i can, and now with laptops and the security holes, if you got automatic signin happening and forget while you goto the library and someone has firesheep... well, you'reflucked...

im just glad (sorry) to see someone else have same type login issue i did... most (i game) and forums related to that, if you mistype your word three times, it will lock you out for a short period of time, 15 minutes... 3 days... slycks seems to just LockYouOut, Period! which would be bad (forgive me fred for this example) could not thus, any troublemaker try accessing your account incorrectly and then you'd be locked out :thumbdn:
piglets222

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm

damn. i see i have another PM to write ;)

bear with me here, piglets, gonna be tied up here for about 3 hours. i'll msg you later tonight. :)
MrFredPFL

Return to Tell us what you think