Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Daylight Savings time needs updated

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Daylight Savings time needs updated

Postby HEAT84 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm

DST was made longer, I guess a year ago, but apparently the forum software hasn't updated since then and thus the DST setting hasn't been updated(At least I assume the phpBB developers would update the DST setting) and further thus, the time setting is an hour off for me.

If I'm reading the bottom of the page right, this forum software hasn't been updated in 3 years. Is that right?
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Re: Daylight Savings time needs updated

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

wellllll, they only kinda fixed it, and i have to say it's about as halfassed a "fix" as i've ever seen. rather than make phpbb clever enough to actually understand when it is or is not daylight savings time, what they did instead was to add a radio button in your profile preferences for "daylight savings time is in effect". you have to manually click that, until fall, of course, when you have to reset it ;)
MrFredPFL

Postby HEAT84 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm

It was never automatic here was it? Now that I think about it, I had to change it manually every time.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:01 pm

correct, it has never been automatic in phpbb. the difference is, originally, all you could do was change your time setting. for example, i had to go back and forth between GMT -5 and GMT -4. now, you toggle "daylight saving time in effect" on and off.
MrFredPFL

Return to Tell us what you think