Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

new news section submission bug

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

new news section submission bug

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Just making sure the admins are aware that the new submission form doesn't function correctly; I cannot submit news stories to the Gaming News for example.. I get an error message "Categroy not selected".
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Re: new news section submission bug

Postby SlyckRay » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:15 pm

ah, k i'm on it.... i'll post again when fixed, unfortunately i gotta cook dinner and eat first so i'd estimate 2-3 hours.

i forgot to make it work for the jedis directly, DOH!!
SlyckRay

Postby TorrentMama » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 pm

make it work. :wink:

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing to get that reference... :lol:
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:49 pm

:lol:

another thing Ray, I'd suggest moving the Gaming News into the same subsection as the other Tech news sections.. call it Tech/Gaming or something perhaps.
Last edited by piXelatedEmpire on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby SlyckRay » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 pm

k, i'm gonna have to get to this first thing in the am. :(
SlyckRay

Postby SlyckRay » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:47 am

hey, i just tried to replicate the problem and realized i did have it (what i believe to be) right. Perhaps your javascript didn't refresh, that's what catches the error you mentioned and spits out the warning. Let me know if it still happens after refreshing.
SlyckRay

Postby SlyckTom » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:00 am

Hey pix...do you think the gaming option wont generate enough interest on its own?
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby TorrentMama » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 am

submitted news.. it doesn't appear in the recent box and the link says the topic does not exist
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby SlyckRay » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

hmm checking...
SlyckRay

Postby SlyckRay » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:18 pm

k, swatted a few bugs, lemme know if you find more! :x
SlyckRay

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:10 pm

SlyckTom wrote:Hey pix...do you think the gaming option wont generate enough interest on its own?

I definitely think it will generate enough interest on its own. I just think it is better suited in with the other tech related section of the forums. Call it keeping things tidy if you like :lol:
piXelatedEmpire

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm

SlyckRay wrote:k, swatted a few bugs, lemme know if you find more! :x

it appears as tho the number of 'Topics' posted within the new forums does not update.. for example I just submitted a Gaming News story, however the forum still says there are 0 topics posted to that forum.

Same thing happens in the BitTorrent News forum.. replies are registered, threads are not.
piXelatedEmpire

Return to Tell us what you think