Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Thank you Slyck

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Thank you Slyck

Postby lost_celt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I am a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due. With that in mind, thank you Slyck.
Several years ago I read a magazine article that referred to a mp3 p2p sharing program. That mp3 p2p program, piolet, contained a mirror image of slyck's website. Through that introduction I discovered torrents, dc++, and few other networks.
I do not support the current anti-p2p crackdown. Athough the recording industry may have provided an important service in the past, such as distribution and promotion, we now live in the computer age and we no longer require many of their services. Considering that some of their services are no longer relevant I suggest that their legitimacy to capital accumulation has be down-graded, and thus, their piece of the industry pie must be down-sized to follow suit. I agree that people who make entertainment a career should be able to earn a good living; however, I do not believe the size of their wealth is legitimate. With that, I'll end my :nopity: rant and again thank slyck and piolet for the sense of independence and empowerment they make possible.

:headbang: :toast: :idea:

peace
lost_celt

Re: Thank you Slyck

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:51 pm

SlyckRay is busy doing nothing with the avatar competition, so i'll accept this honour on his behalf. He left a speech for me to read and it goes a little something like this:
"Good stuff."
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby SlyckRay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:51 am

:toast:
SlyckRay

Postby Meehowski » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:56 am

We all agree!!

Calendar of Updates
Keep Your Security Software Current