found something

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

found something

Postby piglets222 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:05 am

that looks like it might be of potential interest to the slyck site

http://feedjit.com/

FEEDJIT gives you real-time traffic data on your blog or website. No registration required and it's completely free. See where your visitors are located in the world, which websites they're arriving from and what they're clicking when they leave your site.

i saw it linked in a site and dont know how accurate it is (i refreshed it and came back acouple times but didnt see meh listed >.< ) but still kinda interesting looking :wink:
piglets222

Re: found something

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:14 am

Maybe. Though I think Slyck also has a counter at the bottom of the forums which tell us in real time how many people are visiting. Since Slyck usually has about anywhere between 100 - 250 visitors a day, the list would kinda be hard to keep track of. Plus, I know there are a few paranoid users who visit Slyck who might be put off by having their (relatively anonymous) info posted publicly like what is displayed on that site.

We have a hugely diverse userbase that visit Slyck and some, well, might look at that idea of being a little :tinfoilhat: while others will probably see that and go :shock: and run away from the site. ;)

Yay, finally found a reason to use the tinfoilhat emoticon! :D
IceCube

Postby enigmax » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:34 am

IceCube wrote:Since Slyck usually has about anywhere between 100 - 250 visitors a day, the list would kinda be hard to keep track of.

I think it's probably a few more than that ;)
enigmax

Postby Nutty-Slack » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 am

Purely from observation, there seem to be about 150-300 visitors aboard Slyck at any given (5 minute) time (period), going by the stats at the foot of the board index page.

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Postby piglets222 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:55 am

IceCube wrote:Plus, I know there are a few paranoid users who visit Slyck

err... you forgets ur talking to piglet here... at piglets lane in pigletsville
meh tinfoil hat has five layers :tinfoilhat:

:wink: tis why i refreshed it a couple times to see who much of that info was might be revealed as being slightly not true (its actually piglet lane) :twisted:

but it was still like i said interesting seeing that there was people from japan and england and canadian and such visiting the same site as me at the same time and seeing the different ways they found it from google or digg or such.. makes you wonder what keywords did they put in to come to the site, and what was it about what they saw that made them interested in going there *shrugs*

oh well, and im a mod in a small gaming forum so i found out what that "this ip was logged" means (that you mods can probably see that its not actually piglets lane or piglet lane but i expect that info to be safe under ur own tinfoil hats) *tips hat to all tinfoilers out thar*
piglets222

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:29 pm

enigmax wrote:
IceCube wrote:Since Slyck usually has about anywhere between 100 - 250 visitors a day, the list would kinda be hard to keep track of.

I think it's probably a few more than that ;)

Yeah, I meant at any given moment. Not day. :lol:
IceCube

Return to Tell us what you think