Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The ideology behind Slyck

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The ideology behind Slyck

Postby infinite_emma » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:58 am

I've been trying to find some sort of "about" regarding Slyck - like ideology behind the site, what is the purpose, driving force and so on. Perhaps I've missed it and just need to be shown where - otherwise it would be rather interesting for some of us if it were to be instated. It is always nice to know where a site "comes from", where the roots lie, when reading articles.
infinite_emma

Re: The ideology behind Slyck

Postby Nuttyguy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:40 am

The wikipedia article sums it up pretty well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slyck
Nuttyguy

Postby infinite_emma » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:39 am

Right - I should've perhaps been a bit clearer, although the history aspect in the wiki-article is nice! :) I'm thinking "driving force" - why does this site exist at all, what's the ideology, basically.

Come to think of it, it's perhaps a bit "Swedish" of me since I don't know international standards - we do have a tradition of showing the foundation of though regarding a publishing site. Like newspapers state their political and societal position, and so on. Even blogs have followed this tradition, although at times anonymously written the blog's "purpose" is usually stated.

I just found myself curious about that regarding Slyck, after reading about blogging ethics (which doesn't necessarily apply here, I suppose, but still!). As I went around places I usually follow and read - I realized this was one of my pit stops I couldn't really find any such information. I dunno, could be interesting for some of us, like I wrote in the initial post, on the other hand it may be completely uninteresting in the greater scheme of things, of course. :)
infinite_emma

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:23 pm

I think the Title tags for the site spell it out pretty clearly:

Slyck.com - File Sharing, Digital Media and Tech News.

Slyck is a place where people whom share interest in these topics come together to discuss these interests. And post witty replies.

:toast:
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Return to Tell us what you think