Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Just a thought about the thread pages.

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Just a thought about the thread pages.

Postby Artie » Sun May 27, 2007 2:04 pm

I don't know if this bugs anybody else, but I was wondering if it were possible to perhaps make numbered hyperlinks next to the thread hyperlink on the front page, so that way you can go straight to the last page in the thread if one chooses. I'm sure I'm making sense, but as an example, it would look something like this:

I need help with Kazaa 56

whereby 56 would automatically take you to the last page in the thread. It's good for people who just want to skip right to the end of the thread because they already read the prior pages. It would also save on bandwidth a little bit, and cut down on the inflated page-views.

I realize it wouldn't exactly be hard to program, but just a suggestion to make things more easier in general I suppose.
Artie

Postby IceCube » Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 pm

I thought threads already did this. I personally just look at the thread in the forums and click on th number. :?
IceCube

Postby Artie » Sun May 27, 2007 3:38 pm

True. If you go to the forum first, it'll show the numbered pages, but just not on the front page. I guess in the grand sceme of things, It's not overly important, and I won't lose any sleep over it, but just thought it might convenient for those, whether that includes me or not, to just click to the end of a thread while still being on the front page.

For example, with the thread "Just A Bit Of Fun", the first page has probably been clicked on a few 100,000 times when it didn't need to be.

But, well, just a suggestion I'm throwing out there. :)
Artie

Postby multivariable » Sun May 27, 2007 4:02 pm

This suggestion has been made many times. In fact, it was less a suggestion than it was a request that things be returned to the functionality we had before Slyck's makeover last year.

So yes Artie, it does bug other people. It bugs the absolute shit out of some people. :wink:
multivariable

Postby Artie » Sun May 27, 2007 4:17 pm

multivariable wrote:It bugs the absolute shit out of some people. :wink:

You don't have to answer this, but that wouldn't be you by any chance, would it? ;)
Artie

Postby multivariable » Sun May 27, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm not an American, but I'll plead the Fifth :D
multivariable

Postby carcassfan » Sun May 27, 2007 4:20 pm

it does bug other people. It bugs the absolute shit out of some people.

i think i fall somewhere in between that statement. its bugged me from the onset of "2.0"
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
Tekk wrote:most of the things being pirated are obscure mexican bands
carcassfan

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

multivariable wrote:I'm not an American, but I'll plead the Fifth :D

just so you know - pleading the fifth and getting really drunk are two different things ;)
MrFredPFL

Postby Fartingbob » Sun May 27, 2007 5:33 pm

Dont take his fun away fred!
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Mon May 28, 2007 12:43 am

I hafta say.. I god damn hate this version of phpbb. So much functionailty is missing, like where the hell is the quick reply button?!

Now I know I'm relatively new here, but some things really need to be looked at. The user experience here could be enhanced greatly with a few changes to the board.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Return to Tell us what you think