Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Get my account back

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Get my account back

Postby Mavol_ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:38 pm

I forgot my password to my account and my email address I used to register has been comprimised (as in lost the domain at host level).

I was hoping I could get my original account back, name: "Mavol". I'd no longer need this "Mavol_" account.

As I said I lost the password, but I'm pretty sure I used the email address: mavol at filesharingplace dot com. That used to be my site but it was stolen by my host&registrar.

PM'd SlyckRay, but haven't got anything back for a few days, so "to whom it may concern" here's the request! :)

Thanks!
Mavol_

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:06 pm

hi mavol. no problem, but patience is a virtue ;)

looks like a job for housecrowd, who is enjoying a long weekend. i think he said he'd be back tomorrow :)
MrFredPFL

Postby IceCube » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:01 pm

This must be one of those unwritten rules. we are only allowed to have users with questions for HouseCrowd on the few days he's away ;)

(jk)
IceCube

Re: Get my account back

Postby eclectica » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 am

Mavol_ wrote:I forgot my password to my account and my email address I used to register has been comprimised (as in lost the domain at host level).

I was hoping I could get my original account back, name: "Mavol". I'd no longer need this "Mavol_" account.

As I said I lost the password, but I'm pretty sure I used the email address: mavol at filesharingplace dot com. That used to be my site but it was stolen by my host&registrar.

PM'd SlyckRay, but haven't got anything back for a few days, so "to whom it may concern" here's the request! :)

Thanks!

Why should the admins believe you and hand you over someone else's account? Unless they have some kind of proof that "Mavol" is the same person as "Mavol_". Even if you have the same IP address that does not indicate you are the same person, though it indicates you two probably know each other.

The admins here can decide what to do, but I'll make it easy for them and tell you that you're out of luck so you can curse me out instead. :evil:
© copylefted
eclectica

Re: Get my account back

Postby Nuttyguy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:34 am

I forgot my password to my account and my email address I used to register has been comprimised (as in lost the domain at host level).

I was hoping I could get my original account back, name: "IceCube". I'd no longer need this "Nuttyguy" account.

As I said I lost the password, but I'm pretty sure I used the email address: icecube at filesharingplace dot com. That used to be my site but it was stolen by my host&registrar.

Thanks!
Nuttyguy

Postby Artie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:30 am

Normally I'd be a little suspicious myself, if not for this:

http://torrentfreak.com/founder-of-torr ... -hijacked/

Also, based on the original post, I personally don't see any trickery on Mavol_'s behalf, especially since there's nothing really to be gained by having Mavol's account, which has 0 posts. But, if I were him, I would save everyone the trouble and register a name which just sounds like Mavel instead.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My original account here was carcassfan. It was stolen a couple years ago by some right-wing wacko. I know, I hate that too. Anyway, if the kind admins can please send the password to my E-mail address it would be greatly appreciated. :P

Actually, nevermind. I just brute-forced the pass in 6 seconds. It was coulteronmyshoulder.

Lesson to be learned: Never pick such an easy password. :wink:
Artie

Postby Fartingbob » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:55 am

If the original account has 0 posts, might as give it to him. Its unlikely to cause any international wars over who the real mavol is.

Although its a bit odd that he doesnt seem to be sure what email address he signed up with, and that his host "stole" his domain (meaning he stopped paying them or was running an illegal site which was closed, either way its not stolen).
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:01 am

:roll:
MrFredPFL

Postby HouseCrowd » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:21 pm

IceCube wrote:This must be one of those unwritten rules. we are only allowed to have users with questions for HouseCrowd on the few days he's away ;)

(jk)

:lol:

OK, well now that my g/f has untied me and I'm free to post again ....

No problem Mavol. Seems to me (looking at your accounts) that what you say is true. PM me and I'll sort it out for you.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Return to Tell us what you think