SEO links :) - A must

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

SEO links :) - A must

Postby _eAgLe_ » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Hey Ray and everyone :D,

Just noticed the new design, grats :). Bout time ;) lol j/k

Well I haven't posted here in a while lol, but I've been working myself hard.

Just a suggestion, to boost your ranking and traffic from Google, why not implement SEO friendly links.

Instead of having say http://slyck.com/aritcle.php?id=235423424234234. You could use apache to transform the links to something like this: http://slyck.com/article_the_title_of_a ... 34234.html

Incase you don't know, SE's LOVE these type of links...

If you don't know how, and want to, just shoot me a PM.

Anyhow, just a suggestion, would start to bring you more traffic after a few months.

Regards.
_eAgLe_

Postby SlyckRay » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:26 pm

we have already started doing this in the new design. look at any of the slyck news links and you'll see that they are in the SEO friendly format. So far only the homepage and the news page have changed, and so only the links to the news page have been updated, but everything will be like that soon. :)
SlyckRay

Postby _eAgLe_ » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 pm

Hey Ray :D

Grats on the new design :). Very nice.

Just noticed then you had started converting the links to .html lol.

So you're going to be placing the title's of the stories in the link too I gather? (just making sure :P, as this is a great help in SEO too).

You obviously know what you're doin :D.

Nice talking again, I know a fair bit on php, sql htaccess etc so if you need some sorta help or something let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Slycks doing well :D. I just started up a p2p news site, nice and small lol, p2pscope.com. Just a website on the side, did some SE optimization etc, so hopefully it'll pick up. Most of it's traffic is just from my torrentsites.org - hoping it'll pick up soon enough. haven't had anything to do with p2p in a while now...

Best of luck Ray, I'll poke around the forums a little more often now :)

Regards, Rhett.
_eAgLe_

Return to Tell us what you think