Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Some minor issues with the RSS feed

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Some minor issues with the RSS feed

Postby eisa01 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:51 pm

I'm using the built-in RSS reader in Safari, and there's a couple minor issues. Instead of explaining how it works, I'll let you know how to fix it ;)

<link>www.slyck.com</link>
should be
<link>http://www.slyck.com/</link>

And the other issue is news articles that don't exist on the server, I guess this has something with the articles not being finished, but the rss script still includes them. I'll guess you know for sure though.

Like: Jun Group Continues Growing
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=1028
eisa01

Another Gripe

Postby Hornet_63 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:31 am

RSS feed is currently showing the below. Two of the articles have not been finished so can't be viewed!

Maybe you should post articles only when finished so that they don't show up on RSS feed!

Slyck.com File-Sharing News And Information
  • BitComet Reverts to Version .59
  • Jun Group Continues Growinge
  • Mule Overdue for an Update
Hornet_63

Postby Nuttyguy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:36 am

I came here to post the rss issues, and see its already been posted. The rss title would be more convienient if it was a link to slyck... then, ive noticed it shows links to stories which have not been posted yet. (possible drafts, because ive seen them get posted a few days later sometimes). When i click on the story link, it just tells me story not found.

Just bringing this to your attention.
Nuttyguy

Postby IceCube » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 am

The two news stories you can't view is currently being passed around amongst us writers. When they are in the queue for last minute work, they get posted in the RSS feed. This has yet to be corrected (unless it's fine as it is for admin :? )

Anyways, there has been a hangup with one article and the other article looks like it might not make it onto the front page as there is disconent with the content currently. If you see articles that are in the RSS feed, but not on the front page, it's most likely written by someone other then Tom or M_I :D

Sorry for the confusion in the mean time though. :(

Edit: I've also made a message so the others on the team won't miss this. ;)
IceCube

Return to Tell us what you think