Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

File Sharing News

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

File Sharing News

Postby jjadedd » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:08 am

Regularly read the 'file sharing news' section to keep abreast of scene developments. Lately, however, the referenced articles seem to be scrolling through that section quite rapidly. Just today, I'd read an article at work and made a mental note to return to read it this evening to get a link. It was no longer there. There was no archive of this section.

Any chance of having the references to the articles be archived for at least a short while - maybe one or two days? Recognize that the referenced article might 'disappear' but it would be nice to be able to see all of your collected links in a whole day view.

Thanks.....
jjadedd

Postby Mrs. 2p » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:57 am

that's strange :? all topics stay in the database, and are easily accessible until they are exhausted (ie. no one has anything else to add to the discussion).

...and recent topics do not get removed unless there is a very good reason, but I don't see any news thread removed recently.

Are you sure it was the thread that was removed, and not the article itself that was made unavailable on-line by the original source?
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby Myrak » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:33 am

I think he means that the links posted on the frontpage of Slyck, in the FileSharing News section, scroll through too fast. Everytime a new piece of news is linked to, another one is pushed off the homepage. I've noticed this too.

But I just remembered that the thread should still be in the forums.
Myrak

Postby Mrs. 2p » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:41 am

yes, it is! :D along with the link to the original article (if the source hasn't taken it off the web, of course)
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby HouseCrowd » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:06 am

All the articles, whether still on the front page or not are here:

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

The only time they're ever removed is if they've been approved in error (duplicates, etc).
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Return to Tell us what you think