Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Has the standard of discussion in Slyck gone down?

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby countrypirate » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:56 pm

I browsed Slyck for a long time before sighning up, because i never really had an interest in joining a forum until I found Slyck. I for one think Slyck is the best site for just about anyone. The crew is always helpfull if someone post a question needing help there are usually a dozen or more people willing to help. It is a comfortable well developed site with rules but is also in my opinion able to be flexible to fit the needs of it user's. I dont know how others feel but to me it's kinda like a family when someones been gone for a while you miss seeing them , or chatting with them. If somthing bad has happened to a member or a members country there is genuine concern. And as for the level of discussion I feel there is somthing here for everyone from the noob to the elite jmho :D
countrypirate

Postby poullos » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:12 am

zim wrote:Its gone way down.. Half the topics anymore are just fanboys and shills arguing with each other about crap nobody else cares about.

Too much tolerance of bullshit that doesnt belong.

No it's not that either. I think for the most new people come every day and the users have increased a lot lately. This made the community more anonymous making it more flexible to flame(rather harsh word for this) than a healthier discussion.

Besides, slyck is n°1 p2p news site and a lot of people log here to read the news concerning the p2p world. The bigger community effect is inevidable.

I don't think slyck is worse now, rather better and better. I personally find it hard to follow... :D
¯\(º_o)/¯
poullos

Postby zim » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:56 am

its not as bad as zeropaid... (blocked them right off at the hosts file a year+ ago)

but its well on its way to being like that place.

a good 5th of the topics anymore are started by fanboys plugging their favorite app. and only half gets locked.
zim

Postby Assyrian » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:13 am

zim wrote:its not as bad as zeropaid... (blocked them right off at the hosts file a year+ ago)

but its well on its way to being like that place.

a good 5th of the topics anymore are started by fanboys plugging their favorite app. and only half gets locked.

yep, like the shareaza 2.2 thread. couldnt everyone just leave it for those who like the client? there was no need for those who hate it to join in and start talking shit.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Dormant707 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:15 pm

I must say that I have enjoyed this thread. I however agree with Poullos that the intimacy of the forum is not what it used to be.

This is a good example of how good a discussion can be - no flaming and good positive comments from people. I will try to make a more positive contribution to Slyck.
Dormant707

Postby cody » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:38 pm

If in fact,(and I'm not sure it has) Slycke's posts are going downhill. I offer this as a possible reason. Most of the news is "Gloom and Doom". Face it, everyday it's one lawsuit after another. DRM this, and Macrovision that. Microsoft wants to protect you and Intell wants to be there. Hollywood, MPAA, and RIAA. Here's a bust theres a bust. THIS IS NOT Slycks' fault by any means. Their just telling us what's going on. Occasionally ther may be an uplifting story about the latest anonymous P2P proggie or the newest way around this or that. But it's mostly BAD news. And I think it brings some readers down. So, they get mad, flame, or whatever. (God knows I said my share of dumb things here, and I think I made some good points as well). I guess It's just a sign of the times. Bad news sprouts bad attitides.
cody

Postby Macker » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:52 pm

I try to post stuff that's related to P2P, software patents, DRM and copyright that I find on the net. Sorry if it's bad news but I'm just trying to give information to slyck members, mind you I haven't posted much in a while!!

Yeah I'm guilty for alot of DRM bad new as well, sorry!

I'll try to find some cheerful stuff but you know what they say "there's no news like bad news" :D
Macker

Postby Drake » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:19 pm

There has been an increase in the amount of trolls who state that copyright infringement is theft. But for a large Website, it somehow manages to avoid the people who like to post stuff like, "first post!" after every news article.

P.S. 33rd post!!! I win.
Drake

Postby BasicTek » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:35 pm

I admit I post in anger quite a bit but I just have a hard time believing our rights keep going out the window and the bulk of the world population is oblivious.

I've only been a member for a few months but I find Slyck a daily read, extremely up on the cutting edge of P2P news and info, and as entertaining today as when I joined months ago.

Unfortunately I see many of you joined a long time ago so I have no idea what is "used to be like"

I'm glad I found it and hope they continue doing what they are doing.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BasicTek

Previous

Return to Tell us what you think