Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Multinetwork Apps

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Multinetwork Apps

Postby Ooble » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:03 am

So, why don't we have a forum for multinetwork apps? Where else are the KCeasy-vs-Shareaza flamewars gonna be? ;)
[code:1]char str[20];
scanf("%19s", &str);
if (!strcmpi(str, "Hello, world!"))
printf("Hello, programmer.\n");[/code:1]
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Postby rsrikanth05 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:36 am

Nice Idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rsrikanth05

Re: Multinetwork Apps

Postby Allied » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Ooble wrote:So, why don't we have a forum for multinetwork apps? Where else are the KCeasy-vs-Shareaza flamewars gonna be? ;)
I put it in Gnutella,
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9483

A giFT/Shareaza/MLDonkey section would be nice. Tho, the mods would have to move dozens of threads into it.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Ooble » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:06 pm

Nah... I doubt any of the mods (apart from 2p, and that'll just be unfair) would be willing to undertake something like that. Let's just leave the threads where they are, and bring on a brand new forum!
scanf("%19s", &str);
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Postby johngalt » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:40 pm

not enough forums for you to spam in as it is??? :roll:

(j/k) :P

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Ooble » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Well, yeah, that was the main point, but hey...
scanf("%19s", &str);
Ooble

Postby Allied » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:42 pm

I've got some more pro-multi-network client section arguments.

After reading the Gnutella vs G2 articles, I don't think G2 discussions should be taking place in the Gnutella section. It's a completely different network. And since every G2(MP) client connects to Gnutella, they're all multi-network apps.
I'm sure the LimeWire and Bearshare crowds will agree that Shareaza and Gnucleus talk should be seperate from the Gnutella section.

Shareaza, the one that started it all(unless you count any open nap stuff).There is no section to talk about Shareaza right now.
BitTorrent? The word "Shareaza" is a banned word on the biggest torrent forum in existence(Snarf-it.org).
Gnutella? The more Shareaza users on Gnutella, the worse Gnutella will be. No ultrapeer ability makes Shareaza a 2nd rate Gnutella client.
Others? To throw Shareaza into "Others" would be unfair to Shareaza. MP2P has its own section, but Shareaza has more users. 251,137 users online MP2P. According to the Aenea Gnutella2 Crawler there are 262628 users. If you were to minus all the GnucDNA apps out there, Shareaza would still have more users. It's got 2,032,919 downloads on Download.com.

eDonkey2000 is a multi-network client. It has the BitTorrent plugin by default. And it's giFT and Gnutella Plugins are easy enough to come by.
Plus, it isn't the top ED2K client anymore. Aside from a few MLdonkeys, eDonkey2000 is the only Overnet app. Right now Overnet is showing 716,800 users. 14% of the ED2K network numbers. The only advantage it's got against eMule is it's multi-network ability.
@eDonkey2000 users, unite around a multi-network appreciation banner.

mldonkey. A truely deranged filesharing project. I don't need to write out the list of networks it's cracked. But clearly talk of mldonkey isn't going to be "how do I preview this file?" or "can't get skins to work!". Problems with mldonkey will network based.

giFT, Internet File Transfer(how can you not love that "G"). The first project to crack Fasttrack. An important event since it gained the attention of Sharmen and their lawyers. The only project to crack Ares and have it swarm with Gnutella.
OpenFT, being a official part of the giFT project it will always be combined with another network. Almost a symbiote for other networks.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Charles » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:51 pm

I'm totally for a section for multinetwork apps.

:P
Multinetwork apps are good for making every network they connect to less efficient. I think I hate them ;)
Charles

Postby Psycho Ced » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:10 pm

:roll: :lol: :lol:
yhis thing says is under "tell us what you think"
yet it appears in the lounge :?
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Return to Tell us what you think