Slyck Chatbox - And More

messed up my profile

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

messed up my profile

Postby irish2 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:51 pm

Good evening to you all,
Updated my email address today but nothing has happened. No new account activation has been sent and for now I'm using this new account name (I do quite like it though).
How long does it take for reactivation/confirmation? And if I messed up my email address can my old account be retrieved?
Thanks for any help forthcoming
may the road rise to meet you
irish2

Postby DaBlade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:54 pm

PM SlyckTom, SlyckRay or HouseCrowd. You also have to supply your nickname. It's also possible for them to delete this account and rename the old one to 'irish'. (I own a phpBB forum too ;))
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby Mrs. 2p » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Slyck does not traditionally have a policy of requiring activation.. don't think that would have changed in the few months I've distanced myself from the site, but one would never know.

If you have an old account, it should still be active, have you tried logging in? Otherwise, we can see if an admin canhelp. It might help if you let us know what account you would want to reactivate, especially as there are 4 "other" (?) members posting from your IP. :roll: what's the point of multiple accounts anyways? :?
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby HouseCrowd » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:02 pm

PM me with the account name, and the email address you supplied (for verification), and I'll look into it for you.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby irish2 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:02 pm

I had one previous account which I updated with a new email today. Unfortunately I can't log in to this account anymore as when I updated it stated that I would need to activate the changes by checking my email. I did and there's no message from slyck. I'm guessing the new email I entered was wrong due to a typing error on my part.
I created a new account to keep posting on the forums and to inform you of my current situation. I would like to merge my old account with this name and continue as is. So if you point me in the right direction I'll get on ahead in doing so.
p.s. what's PM? I haven't the foggiest what this means :oops: and i'll kick myself hard when you tell me.
Thanks for the quick replies

:oops: just realised what PM is! Ohhh, that hurt. Right on it as I type
may the road rise to meet you
irish2

Postby LxBeast » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:04 pm

PM = Private Message
LxBeast

Postby HouseCrowd » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:05 pm

irish wrote:p.s. what's PM? I haven't the foggiest what this means :oops: and i'll kick myself hard when you tell me.
Thanks for the quick replies

PM = Private Message. You'll find the buttons under each post or a link to your PMs at the top of every page.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby irish » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:41 pm

Thankyou to everyone concerned especially House Crowd for sorting this out. Calvinhobbes is no more long live irish! Happy days. :D
irish

Postby johngalt » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:08 pm

no more calvin and hobbes????

*sob*

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Assyrian » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:05 pm

good to see you goy everything fixed, welcome to slyck :)
away.
Assyrian
The King

Return to Tell us what you think