Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Is Slyck dying a slow death?

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Is Slyck dying a slow death?

Postby bigboxes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm

This site used to be updated on a regular basis. Now, only sunnyd posts everything he harvests on some rss reader. Surely, there is regular news on file sharing that Slyck can report on. Mennecke may be busy with an actual career, but this site sorely needs him to become active once again. I know about dying sites as I am an admin on one.

Do something before it's too late!
bigboxes

Re: Is Slyck dying a slow death?

Postby sunnyd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 pm

I find your comments very interesting, bigboxes, perhaps you know something we don't? Are you aware of any new file sharing clients to write about and get excited about? Are you aware of any new file sharing sites that you can share with us? There really hasn't been any new ones for several years that we're aware of, other than random trackers appearing here and there. Sorry to disappoint you, but things just aren't like they used to be with new file sharing news all the time. File-sharing lawsuits using scare tactics seem to be in abundance these days, we often post about those and our regular readers and posters do a great job of helping each other here, as you can see in these two threads...

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=57634

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=44092

Slyck diversified long ago because of the void in new file sharing items to report on. That's why we have many other news categories that we use to post all types of technology news, science news, and we do post anything to do with file sharing that's available.

Perhaps you haven't looked very often at the actual forums to see the amount of articles that are posted ...

File Sharing Articles...
viewforum.php?f=1

BitTorrent Articles...
viewforum.php?f=67

Oh, and by the way, I don't use RSS feeds, I really don't care for them at all. I much prefer to manually look for every single article that I post in all of the available news categories that we have here on Slyck.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:49 am

bigboxes, we did respond to a previous post that you made, you can read that here...

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=60563&p=594468#p594468
sunnyd

Postby rupert bloone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 am

slyck should make to more of a site like reddit and digg

have votes up and down and then users will like it

or change the isseu in total and write a story in gerneal news? north korea is getting many views on google and then when they come you can add the popups and $$$$

best

rupert
rupert bloone

Postby myguitar12345 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I have noticed this also.

The main page was STILL UPDATED regularly for a long time....even when news for file sharing slowed down.

So I do NOT see why NOW they suddenly decide to not update like they did before on the front page.
myguitar12345

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 am

no decision was made to not update anything, guitar. if you'd be more specific, perhaps i can shed some light on it. are u referring to the indexing of forum news story posts on the front page?
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby myguitar12345 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:no decision was made to not update anything, guitar. if you'd be more specific, perhaps i can shed some light on it. are u referring to the indexing of forum news story posts on the front page?

Yes that is exactly what I am referring to. It used to be updated regularly, but not now.

When The World First Met The LP, Cassettes, CD And Other Physical Formats...this was put up TEN DAY's ago!

So I do not think I am imagining this in my mind, when that shows that it was not updated.

It simply has not been updated in ten days. Whereas the front page used to be updated daily sometimes.
myguitar12345

Postby sunnyd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 pm

The forum underwent some maintenance about 10 days ago, and at that point is when an issue began with stories on the front page, which they are working to resolve.

We always suggest that everyone use this link as an alternative to view current active topics/new posts:

search.php?search_id=active_topics
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:28 pm

the server was moved to a new host. the software which updates the front page automatically upon the submission of each news story is not working on the new server, and so far the issue has eluded attempts to debug it.

no decision to stop updating the front page was made.
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby Cornelius Pumpkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Urban decay is a horrible thing to behold
Cornelius Pumpkins

Postby myguitar12345 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Ah ,that explains it then.

Thanks for the explanation.
myguitar12345

Postby ejonesss » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 pm

if you dont intend to update that section then why not remove it? it is a waste of bandwidth.

if slyck has been bought from slyck tom and being nickle and dimed to death why not just shut it down? it would save the new owner tons of money.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 pm

ejonesss, please read what was posted in this thread...

sunnyd wrote:The forum underwent some maintenance about 10 days ago, and at that point is when an issue began with stories on the front page, which they are working to resolve.
We always suggest that everyone use this link as an alternative to view current active topics/new posts:

search.php?search_id=active_topics

You are making assumptions that are totally incorrect, not once did anyone say that Slyck was bought from Tom, nor did they say they had no plans to update it (the front page), they are working to resolve it, as stated before. :wink:
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 pm

have we been posting in invisible ink again? i hate when that happens!
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby myguitar12345 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Well now here's to hoping they can get it resolved AT ALL!

It has been awhile since the front page has been updated and that link to new stories is just not the same as with the front page.
myguitar12345

Postby sunnyd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 pm

We hope so also, but the active topics link is the best alternative we have right now, and that link is also on the front page. Click on (More News Here) just above where the web news begins on the front page, and it takes you to all the active/new topics.
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm

ok - our fingers are crossed, and we think that the front page is working again. :toast: to the man behind the curtain :thumbup:
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby myopia » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:51 am

This website should be kept online for posterity - as part of the Interwebs history.... There is nothing worthwhile here anymore. Is it really worth the money to keep Slyck.com alive? Aaaahhhh what could have been....

Been eight years... too long... The ideals of P2P'sters have faded. Free stuff is still around, but not the community... and that is reflected here. I miss the old the days of debate.... those were wonderful
myopia

Postby SlyckRay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:51 pm

And off in a new direction we go!!!! Where we wind up??? NOBODY KNOWS! :)
SlyckRay

Postby lordfoul » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Can never die.
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby lordfoul » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 am

Ever.
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 am

lordfoul wrote:Ever.

that's the spirit :) :toast:
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Return to Tell us what you think