Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Help: I'm struggling at trying to download a file

Discussion of current popular networks, clients and methods of IRC
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Help: I'm struggling at trying to download a file

Postby emanresu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Can someone who's savvy with IRC explain to me some of the reasons and provide a few viable solutions to why I'm unable to download a file?

Basically, I'm using Firefox and I'm using packetnews as my irc search engine. I've already made the adjusted to Firefox to allow the trigger to be copied to the clipboard. And I understand that you must first find an open slot to queue the particular file you want to download. Okay, I'm in queue, I wait and then I accept the file (a TV episode). Problem. File won't initiate download because I've lost the connection or there's an unable to make a connection message. What am I doing wrong?

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.
emanresu

Re: Help: I'm struggling at trying to download a file

Postby TorrentMama » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:10 pm

I don't have the energy to even read your whole post. just use THIS .. google around for help if the website doesn't have it. problem solved.
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby mikem » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:34 am

After reading what all you wrote, what I can suggest you is to download the software with the getright software. You will be able to download .
mikem

Postby Rezo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

I just added a thread in this forum, please try it, and let me know if it helps.

-Rezo
Voices Of Rezo A Hacker's Story (Free Ebook) : http://rapidshare.com/files/135841015/V ... o.doc.html
Rezo

Return to Internet Relay Chat