Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What is a good IRC bot search engine.

Discussion of current popular networks, clients and methods of IRC
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

What is a good IRC bot search engine.

Postby videocheez » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:02 pm

I used to use IRCspy.com but it no longer exists and the last time I used packetnews.com I got a fairly nasty trojan that took a couple of days to remove. I got the trojan from packetnews.com simply by going to their website and not even clicking anything. In addition, i thought it may have been a fluke so after i cleaned up my comp and loaded proper protection and was stooopid enough to go back to packetnews.com again and got the same trojan again. Duh! :oops:
My IRC downloading has ceased based on the bad experience with packetnews.com and the fact the ircspy.com is gone. If anyone has a suggestion as to what is a good IRC bot search engine I would really appreciate it. I suppose i could go back to way that I use to do it by putting in the time scanning the channels up and down for content but that's a pain in the crack. I have gotten spoiled with BT but I like IRC for any new release or music content since I'm not required to upload.

Thx in advance,

VC
Last edited by videocheez on Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is so much fun! :-)
videocheez

Re: What is a good IRC bot search engine.

Postby LANjackal » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:28 pm

None. Use mIRC, it gives you direct access to search sites within the application without the malware, popups, etc.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby videocheez » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:30 pm

LANjackal wrote:None. Use mIRC, it gives you direct access to search sites within the application without the malware, popups, etc.

Oh yeah? I never tried that before. Do the other mIRC scrips such as noname, invision, and excursion have this feature as well?
videocheez

Postby LANjackal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:00 am

videocheez wrote:
LANjackal wrote:None. Use mIRC, it gives you direct access to search sites within the application without the malware, popups, etc.

Oh yeah? I never tried that before. Do the other mIRC scrips such as noname, invision, and excursion have this feature as well?
Not AFAIK. You need the XDCC Browser script, it's the one with the search feature. Enjoy!
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby videocheez » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:00 pm

LANjackal wrote:
videocheez wrote:

Not AFAIK. You need the XDCC Browser script, it's the one with the search feature. Enjoy!

Cool I found a great solution that is really easy so thanks for your advice. I hate to publicize the real easy stuff for fear that it will go mainstream and end up like kazaa and limewire. :wink:
videocheez

Postby deddert » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 pm

i was also having problems using packetnews and was wondering how you got around the problem i used to use excursion when i used win xp but now i switched to ubuntu linux and was wondering how to get music without using limewire or damb kazaa lite cant seem to find an excursion that works with ubuntu and if i do use mirc how do you search like packetnews did for me?
deddert

Return to Internet Relay Chat