Slyck Chatbox - And More

Change IP on IRC.

Discussion of current popular networks, clients and methods of IRC
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Change IP on IRC.

Postby Grim Reaper » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Hello,

I'm in need of some help. Is there any way to change or hide you IP on MIRC? If my IP was banned on a certain channel, is there anyway I can get back on with the use of some IRC proxy of any sort?

Thanks in advance!
Grim Reaper

Re: Change IP on IRC.

Postby lordfoul » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 am

IC know one is interested in assisting you, probablly because the assume you have been banned for a damn good reason. But giving you the benefit of the doubt, and because it's self evident, I'll refer you to the following.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25221
There are situations as a noob where you might deploy software that hammers a particular server or channel and get ones self banned. In this spirit read the above.
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby LD50% » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:26 am

I like LF would give you the benefit of doubt, but I always ask myself, what the hell are people messing with IRC when they don't even know how to cloak their IP? :shock:
LD50%

Postby lordfoul » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:48 am

I, like you old friend, wonder the same; but without the new there is no old.
lordfoul

Postby HEAT84 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 am

Did you guys not notice the date on Grim reaper's post? I only mention it because if he even rembers he made that post, he probably log since resolved the issue or doesn't care anymore. And some people don't like resurrecting old threads (like Unbiased-Opinion). I could care less though.

I actually used proxy servers a couple times to DL 2 files at the same time from the same XDCC server. :twisted: I haven't used IRC in so long though since I can find what need on Usenet and BT.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby lordfoul » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:36 am

To answer that I'd say this is a perennial question and needs to be answered, or the alternative, not.
lordfoul

Postby barcajunior » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am

Is there any good solution?
barcajunior

Postby velatire » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 pm

If it isn't efnet, you can very easily use Tor.
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnio ... rc%29#mIrc
velatire

Postby Rezo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:50 am

mIRC Ban Evasion

Tools : Options : Connect : Firewall

Firewall Support: Server
Protocol: Socks5

There are now 2 portions you must look at.. Hostname and Port

Visit: HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM , try keywords such as "Free SOCKS5 List" or "Socks5 Proxy" etc.

When you find an IP:Port that is what you will fill.

An example site with socks5 proxies you can try out: http://www.aliveproxy.com/socks5-list/

Usually in the sections that say "UPTIME" are the ones that work best.

If you visit the page and see 121.207.250.143:1080 then you will go to Tools : Options : Connect : Firewall (already setting it to server and socks5) then where it says Hostname you will put: 121.207.250.143 and in Port you will put 1080.

Now, remember, if there is a person that really wants you to stay off, you have to change a few things to hide yourself from getting banned again.

Tools : Options : Connect
Change all of the information in these fields:

Connect : Full Name
Connect: Email Address
Connect : Nickname
Connect : Local Info : Local Host
Connect : Local Info : IP Address
Connect : Ident : User ID

Now, connect as you usually would (/server irc.whatever.net/com/org 6667)

Now, if you get errors like "could not connect to firewall" etc. THAT MEANS THE SOCKS5 PROXY IS DEAD. Try another one. There are other sites, and they refresh over time. If all of the SOCKS5 proxies you attempt do not work, then wait a few hours and check the sites. It will work.

Side Note:

Do NOT use this to negotiate with admins. If an admin banned you, it's because they're losers, don't think they will change their minds. Just be there and take on a new identity.

-Rezo
Voices Of Rezo A Hacker's Story (Free Ebook) : http://rapidshare.com/files/135841015/V ... o.doc.html
Rezo

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:48 pm

If an admin banned you, it's because they're losers

:lol: ya, i'm sure no one has ever deserved a ban.
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby HEAT84 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Could we please not scold him bumping an old topic? If it bothers you so much then use a forum software that locks old threads. Besides, it was likely on the first page and probably near the top since that section is pretty slow. So it should be exempted as its not lie he bumped a thread from the 4th page. One of these days I'm gonna bump the oldest threads here just to screw with you guys. :twisted:

And welcome to Slyck larry. :toast:
[Under Construction]
HEAT84

Postby sunnyd » Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Lol, It sure appears to me that Larry is just spamming the link in his signature, spammers like to bump old threads. :wink: There is a very slight chance I could be wrong.....lol.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 pm

larry went bye bye.
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby sunnyd » Sun May 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Imagine my surprise. :lol:
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 30, 2010 9:23 pm

:D :pirate: :lol:
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby sunnyd » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Larry got more than a scolding. :mrgreen: <---- You forgot this one Fred.
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 30, 2010 10:11 pm

but on the bright side, he didn't actually get a scolding. :)
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby HEAT84 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 am

Huh? What?Image
[Under Construction]
HEAT84

Postby GarryFre » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:23 am

I too came here looking for an answer to the same question as the OP.

I tried the proxy stuff, and somehow I still cannot get into the room I was unjustly permanently banned from.

It seems that when some folks start a room in IRC they get an attitude. I've seen both sides. I've seen the abusive newbie who asks a question and because it's not the answer they want, throw a tantrum or start "Demanding" with words like "You created this stuff now "

I was in this room, asking an on-topic question that I could not find the answer to on Google and I said I would not ask again because I asked before and got ignored. Meaning I wasn't going to waste my or their time asking again. There was no threat, I just was going to not ask again. What am I going to do punish them with silence?

So, I get perma-banned for that with the words "Ask don't Demand!" well now how sweet of the mod
GarryFre

Postby GarryFre » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 am

I too came here looking for an answer to the same question as the OP.

I tried the proxy stuff, and somehow I still cannot get into the room I was unjustly permanently banned from.

It seems that when some folks start a room in IRC they get an attitude. I've seen both sides. I've seen the abusive newbie who asks a question and because it's not the answer they want, throw a tantrum or start "Demanding" with words like "You created this stuff now SUPPORT IT!"

Then I've seen the opposite in spades where the moderators act like they are not just moderating but taking enjoyment in using the least excuse to ban and mistreat people who often like me actually DREAD asking any question in IRC due to the trolls. Lots of times by the time I get desperate enough to ask a question in IRC, I've reached the end of my patience and am already frustrated to no end. I was in the #CSS room on freenode.net in IRC and I read the rules, that looked like the usual reasonable Don't ask if you can ask, just ask". So I describe my problem and simply say "Has anyone ever had them or might have a clue about why this is happening?"

Immediately someone says "Do you have a demo URL?" I say no not yet. I can make one but it will be awhile.

I get no reply so I go and using Filezilla I create a url and a site to demo the problem and come back and try to post the url and I get the message that I can't talk because I've been banned!

I scroll up and I see a message from the bot that says I'm banned for expecting the group to be psychic, and to go away and never come back and good luck solving your problem without us. You probably WON'T!

So much for #CSS.

I note one interesting thing about these rooms full of intolerant people. They all seems to be full of people who do not talk. I suspect they are just little clubs where they all talk privately and if any hapless soul stumbles within and dares interrupt their private-invisible show they will pay the price.

I was in this room having to do with Os X, asking an on-topic question that I could not find the answer to on Google and I said I would not ask again because I asked before and got ignored. Meaning I wasn't going to waste my or their time asking again. There was no threat, I just was going to not ask again. What am I going to do punish them with silence?

So, I get perma-banned for that with the words "Ask don't Demand!" well now how sweet of the mod = probably some troll without a poor small animal to mistreat at the moment.

So while I think it's valid to assume a person is justifiably banned and I always think that there must be two sides to the coin, I've found that often the other side is ugly and try to reserve final judgements. Translation: I think I needed to just vent and tell the story.

Why do I want to get back to this room? Because sometimes they DO have stuff they say worth reading and I want to tell that wannabe dictator without a country of victims to lord it over, exactly what I think of him and go away and probably never come back.
GarryFre

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 pm

GarryFre wrote:So while I think it's valid to assume a person is justifiably banned and I always think that there must be two sides to the coin, I've found that often the other side is ugly and try to reserve final judgements. Translation: I think I needed to just vent and tell the story.

Why do I want to get back to this room? Because sometimes they DO have stuff they say worth reading and I want to tell that wannabe dictator without a country of victims to lord it over, exactly what I think of him and go away and probably never come back.

welcome to slyck, garry. venting and/or ranting is welcome and popular. :)

however, while i sympathize with your motives here, i question whether or not there's a point. if it were something easily accomplished, i'd totally agree that telling the clown(s) how you feel about what went on would be worth doing - but the bottom line is, i'd guess that people who act the way they did are not likely to give a rat's ass about any criticism of their actions, regardless of how well-founded those criticisms might be. i certainly wouldn't spend a lot of time figuring out a way to tell something to a jerk that will simply ignore you and ban your new IP address.
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Return to Internet Relay Chat