Slyck Chatbox - And More

Not wanting to be lazy, however...

Discussion of current popular networks, clients and methods of IRC
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Not wanting to be lazy, however...

Postby opossum » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 pm

Howdy,

I understand the use of search engines in looking for files one is after & use them for when I am hunting for a single large file i.e. a video file of some sort.

However, what I'm trying to do is use something like irc, mIrc in this case, with an addon/script that will watch the channels I am in, say mp3 channels, and catalog what it sees & request lists from servers (if allowed), so that I can come back hours later and search that list for the files I want. Then I can go to the channel/server that it was found on and obtain it; hopefully an album at a time.

I used to use Autoget for this about a year ago, however now it seems to have issues & while I've played with XDCC Browser as suggested here & have read the instructions that come with it, I seem to be missing it or it won't do what I would like.

As I said, I'm not trying to be lazy, I'd just like to automate it some as frankly I'm not sure what file I'd want on what day or what version of it I'm after.

I appreciate any direction or assistance & I know that two people can read the same thing and see it two different ways, so maybe I'm need to read the instructions a 4th or 5th time for XDCC...

I've been testing this on Undernet in some of the popular mp3 channels, maybe I need to expand my testing.

Thanks
opossum

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:02 pm

please continue this in your other thread. thanks.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30900
MrFredPFL

Return to Internet Relay Chat