Slyck Chatbox - And More

mIrc: XDCC Browser - AutoGet

Discussion of current popular networks, clients and methods of IRC
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

mIrc: XDCC Browser - AutoGet

Postby opossum » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Howdy,

I used to use AutoGet for obtaining Lists from Servers while I was asleep/working so that when I had time I could Search the obtained lists for the music files I desired.

Now however I have had a hard time finding a copy of AutoGet as the site [Omen] download area has been given up.

I have XDCC Browser & have attempted to have it do the same thing as the comments I've read seem to be favorable. The problem that I seem to be having is in the basic use of it obtaining the lists.

I start mIrc
Bring up XDCC Browser & ask it to request lists, however nothing seems to occur.

From what I can tell the old way I used to work with AutoGet was to set it to ask for lists every so often as to avoid being kicked.

Now, with XDCC Browser, I need to manually click on a server & ask for it to send me it's list.

Is there no script/addon/snippet that can watch the channels for me while I sleep, so that when I come back I can search my local lists for the songs I want or has the entire thing mostly converted over to Irc search engines like ircspy, XDCCspy etc?

Thank you very much for any feedback.
opossum

Automaticaly request lists.

Postby Yochai » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:20 am

The XDCC browser has an option to request the list automaticaly.
Just check the "Auto request list from bots" option in the options tab.
Anyway, the script will keep a record of all the packets that are shown in the channel while you are in the channel, even if that option isn't on and it doesn't send the !list command.
Yochai

Postby taosk8r » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Man, I'd so go back to irc if someone would make a gui for d/l offa fserves that automates the deal instead of having to try and hammer the damn things manually to get an open slot.. :(

I wish I knew where my friends from efnet all went (isofoundry).. Ahh, the good old days when I wasn't too noob to even be able to get back onto bitme.. :(
taosk8r

Return to Internet Relay Chat